who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Steelcut oatmeal, a really ripe banana and a few raisins.
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Usually a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon. Sometimes nutmeg.

I need to try peanut butter in it- sounds yummy!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I do, but I'm boring and eat it the same way every morning. I'm pretty for time in the morning and buy the Better Oats boxes - my favorites are the Fit kind (100 calories a serving) and the Thick and Hearty (160 calories a serving). That and coffee tide me over until my mid-morning snack of a banana.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    2 tsp brown sugar, and maybe some dried fruit, cinnamon or fresh fruit.
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My husband eats it like they sometimes eat it in the UK... He'll put butter and salt in it, and sometimes cheese. He calls it "savory oatmeal." It's pretty tasty like that, too.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Almost every day.
    Lately it has been with 2 tbsp of fat free evaporated milk, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, one packet of Stevia in the Raw and a sliced banana...under 400 calories total. I prefer either the thick cut rolled oats or steel cut oats over the basic rolled oats; they hold more flavor.
  • slynnmiller
    Options
    Oatmeal + Bear Naked peak protein granola..almost every morning :)
  • kateparedes
    kateparedes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 tbsps of oat bran everyday served as hot cereal with a packet of Splenda. I usually have it with a hard boiled egg or two which last me well into lunch time!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    kashi golean hearty cinnamon oatmeal, I add...more cinnamon!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • skyle954
    skyle954 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have a 1/2 cup and add, 1/2 teaspoon flax seed, 1/2 teaspoon bee pollen, 1 teaspoon honey, cinnamon and raisins.....= yummy
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I eat Oat Revolution - it has brown sugar & flax seeds in it. OMG - best thing ever, plus they are in single serving packets so at 160 calories, I can't resist! ;)
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I eat it the Scottish way - medium or pinhead oatmeal, water and a little salt cooked together and cold milk poured over it. Had this every morning in winter as a child. Now I eat it at weekends as I don't have enough time to cook it during the week. Love it.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I eat Better Oats Abundance Nude and I put 1Tbsp of chunky peanut better in it. Yum! I have heard that the cocoa one with PB added tastes like a chocolate, oatmeal no-bake cookie. Gotta try that one!

Nude it the flavor, not how I eat it.:happy:
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    either berries but more likely one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon
    on a day of decadence one teaspoon cocoa powder and fresh raspberries
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I eat oatmeal almost every day. I make mine with fat-free milk instead of water and add cinnamon, ginger and a sliced banana....sometimes some peanut butter. YUMMY!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Husband and I do on the weekends... We add brown sugar and sometimes raisins. YUM!
  • mamatonine
    Options
    I make a lot of it here because it takes a lot to fill three teenagers tummies.
    I do 14 cups of water to 8 cups of thick rolled oats. I add a tablespoon of butter, tsp salt, and everyone tops it the way that they want. I like fresh chopped apples or huckleberries. we sweeten it with stevia and pour milk over it. I eat 1/2 cup portion with a protein.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Eat it almost every day (2 packs) with low-fat milk and then I add my eggs/egg whites to it!!! Tastes great and very filling!!
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I eat it almost every morning. I will eat it with a little splenda in it. Sometimes I add a banana or raisins, or blueberries. It really fills me up. I try to limit my portion to 1/2 cup (dry). I usually add a little splash of half n' half in it too.