Alcohol- Fewest Calories

Options
Just a question- obviously I am trying to lose weight, and next weekend we are having friends over for some games and drinks. I will only have a few, but I am wondering what my best option is for low cal. drinks, or whatever is better for me during weight loss. I normally wouldn't drink, but because we are newlyweds and everyone asks when and if I will be pregnant, I want to shut them up by having a drink or two. Lol. Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Just a question- obviously I am trying to lose weight, and next weekend we are having friends over for some games and drinks. I will only have a few, but I am wondering what my best option is for low cal. drinks, or whatever is better for me during weight loss. I normally wouldn't drink, but because we are newlyweds and everyone asks when and if I will be pregnant, I want to shut them up by having a drink or two. Lol. Thanks in advance for your help!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Red wine isn't too bad and it has some antioxidents in it. Just don't have too much like I did last night becuase my stomach isn't feeling good!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I don't drink much alcohol... maybe only 2-4 times per year. But what about that MGD 64 I keep seeing commercials for? "I'll have 64 calories of..." and they give the person like, a shot glass size of drink, while the other person gets a whole bottle of miller draft 64. Just a thought. It may taste terrible or not... I hate all beer, so it would probably taste just as terrible to me. LOL :laugh:
  • beautifulmessxox
    Options
    I agree... wine is your best bet!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    wine is your best bet. Just take it in moderation and you shouldn't mess yourself up too badly.

I only drink 3 - 4 times a year.
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    Red wine is a great choice...shiraz is my fav. Two 3.5 oz are enough and are under 200 calories total.
  • pammiles47
    Options
    You know you will come out better to google a few alcoholic beverages and campare. Because there are a lot of different wines out there and they all have different nitritional values.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

alcohol is the devil's brew...have a seltzer water on the rocks with lemon:laugh:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    vodka. just watch what you mix it with. The calories from fruit juice can add up. I like the light cranberry juice and a twist of lime.
  • Tanya761
    Options
    Thanks guys! Alcohol is the worst for calories! I will take your advice!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    lol, do what I do- screw it, have a daquiri!

I only drink maybe 2 or 3 times a year. When I do drink it's ONE drink. And I make a deal with myself that it can be whatever I want. Why would I waste it on red wine or yucky low cal beer ? nope, no sir, pass me something sugary and yummy please!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I went out for my boyfriends 22nd birthday last night and I got vodka and diet coke. So then I only had the vodka calories. However I paired this drink with a large pasta. :noway: so stupid but oh well we had a good time.
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Gin are good if you want to drink liquor. I personally prefer Tanqueray Rangpur on the rocks.

If you'd rather, then some red wine has some benefits.

Personally if I'm gonna drink beer I head towards the light beers. I do not like the 64 calorie beer. IMO Miller Lite is the best of the light beers. Then again, that's like being the tallest midget.

I drink regularly, so I guess I'm an expert. LOL.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Tallest midget!
    :laugh:
    Now that's funny!
    Check out some of the V8 light juices for mixing with vodka or rum or whatever.
    Or even Crystal Light.
    is that sacrilege?
    :grumble:
  • Tanya761
    Options
    Thanks again.....since I don't like beer, that is not an option. I LOVE the idea of a Daquiri......haha. Icould do wine, or the vodka with either crystal light or diet coke or light cranberry juice and lime. Thanks guys!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Have a skinny B***H - Water, Vodka and lemon! My friend swears by them, they take forever to drink cuz they're so strong tasting.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    diet coke and rum: about 60 cals per ounce of rum. I like malibu rum: coconut flavoring. it is about 90 cals per ounce of rum.

tastes much better with coke zero than diet, but that's just my preference-
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    and as far as light beers go, Sam Adams is Definitely the TALLEST MIDGET!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    diet coke and rum: about 60 cals per ounce of rum. I like malibu rum: coconut flavoring. it is about 90 cals per ounce of rum.

tastes much better with coke zero than diet, but that's just my preference-

OMG I :heart: Malibu and diet! It's a tasty beverage for sure!!!! I get that one allllllll the time!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Not Mikes Hard Lemonade. 220 calories a bottle-dang. I stick to wine or rum and diet coke. I also make sure I workout more and save up a few extra calories for the night.