count fruits and veggies????

Options
13»

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    It's really to your benefit to track everything you eat. This way, you can go back and look at the times when you were doing really well, and try and replicate. You can also go back to when you hit a bump in the road, or a gain to see what caused it.

The more information you have, the better.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i count all the fruit and veggies.the only thing i really dont count is putting in a dab of chopped onion in my egg or food or a few pieces of red bell pepper in something..
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    They have calories, so I count them. Even if I eat a ton of raw carrots and it's only 30 calories, I still count the 30 calories. Heck I count when I have 5 calories worth of pickles. :) If it goes in my mouth it gets counted.

30 calories worth of carrots is not a lot of carrots! Damn sugar bombs of the veggie world.

That said, I'm sloppier with some foods than others. Celery, I never bother to weigh. Cucumbers, nope. Spinach, eyeball. Carrots, I weigh. Most fruit, I either weigh, or know how much fits in a certain container (I always taken melon in the same size container). I log everything, I'm just more anal about getting the portion size right for some things.