if you lift you bulk up

Options
sexforjaffacakes
sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
GIRLS, DON'T TOUCH THOSE WEIGHTS

YOU WILL BULK UP

104051.jpg

you don't wanna look like the hulk do you?

I would recommend walking 15 minutes at a time, kegels, sucking your tummy in during boring meetings, push ups at your desk - other exercises are not suitable for ladies

NO 30DS
You will look like a man

I' ve been doing walking on and off for ten years, and I love it, I do not think weight training is for girls

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE! i had a girl friend who just walked by the free weight section got a contact buzz from all the testosterone and woke up the next day looking like frank zane!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    No wonder I started growing a beard.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE! i had a girl friend who just walked by the free weight section got a contact buzz from all the testosterone and woke up the next day looking like frank zane!

*Shudders* Don't even joke about that. I have to sprint through the weightr oom to get to the spin room. I know I'm gonna catch it some day....I just know it.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    No wonder I started growing a beard.
    Mmm...

01c65dcea046399f72ea6d52ad24dcb18450bd33.jpg
  • badgerbadger1
    Options
    How did you get that picture of me? ARE YOU INSIDE THE HOUSE???
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

It's dangerous! all these crazy jillian michaels types telling girls to lift..ONLY IF YOU CAN AFFORD A WHOLE NEW WARDROBE OF DRAG QUEEN CLOTHES AND A DAILY WAX!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    What if I use free weights and not the bar? Will I bulk up if I use resistance bands? What if I eat too much protein and I'm under my cals? Will that keep me from bulking up?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    What if I use free weights and not the bar? Will I bulk up if I use resistance bands? What if I eat too much protein and I'm under my cals? Will that keep me from bulking up?

basically, if you engage your muscles, you will bulk up.
  • jennajava
    Options

basically, if you engage your muscles, you will bulk up.

Gasp! Luckily, I only do classes so I'm not actually engaging my muscles. Whew!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    we all know how easy it is for women to bulk up quickly and accidentally!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckcewAJIsg

proof that lifting weights makes you bulk
    here is a video of two men who have followed zsa zsas lifting programme!
  • jennajava
    Options

Our bodies are so built for being ripped, you know.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Women if you want to get fit please do nothing but cardio, we don't want to date muscly manly women. Anything over 15lbs and you are guaranteed to look xbox huyge!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Our bodies are so built for being ripped, you know.

I'm actually here trying to up my bf% because I got too bulky lifting 3lb weights ):
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I am having a hard time telling if you guys are joking or serious. LOL...I hope joking..
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time telling if you guys are joking or serious. LOL...I hope joking..

I came into the post ready to say all sorts of awful things to the original poster, then I realized they were joking.

At least, I hope they are. lol
  • scrubbie1
    scrubbie1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Muscle burns calories. If you want to lose weight, you need to build and/or maintain that muscle mass. Girls who skip weight training are leaving out an important weight loss tool. And unless you start sucking down steriods, you aren't going to look like the Hulk.

Here is one of many articles from a reliable source that addresses the benefits of weight lifting for women.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/a/weight101.htm
  • jennajava
    Options

"President George W. Bush comforts Bronwynne Bassier, right, and her sister Kim after landing in Biloxi, Miss., Friday Sept. 2, 2005, as part of his tour of the SUPER BUFF WOMEN-ravaged Gulf Coast. Their family lost everything in the wake of the devastating CREATINE storm."

Those poor, dear, bulky girls.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Honestly, I think the last thing I'd want after a horrifying ordeal would be a hug from george bush. That would be like, the cherry on top of the cake if ****.
    Let's not derail the thread! This is about your problems. Has the newfound testosterone affected you negatively?
    And tossing in a "fake compassion" jab with that pic is any better than her comment? :huh:

Using that pic as a joke, whether in a serious or facetious thread, is in such poor taste.
  • badgerbadger1
    Options
    Google is my real father. Maury told me so.