portion size for spaghetti

Options
2»

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    when i eat pasta, i usually eat the entire box.

me too! :sad:

Gawd, me too!! I thought I was the only starch monster out there.

I can't get enough pasta when I eat it. I just gorge myself.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Have you tried eating larger pieces of pasta? I have found that spaghetti just seems to disappear off the plate a lil faster and that penne seems to fill me up faster.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This is a little ocd, but I weigh out the dry pasta and boil it. For me and my husband I usually make 6 oz. When the pasta is done and drained, I measure the cooked pasta. I eat one third of the cooked pasta (or 2 oz of dry pasta).

^^^^^this!!!! How people track anything without a food scale freaks me out lol. I have major OCD!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Have you tried eating larger pieces of pasta? I have found that spaghetti just seems to disappear off the plate a lil faster and that penne seems to fill me up faster.

I have tried to experiment with different kinds. I am just a pasta and chocolate-aholic! haha....that's why we don't have pasta alot.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I am a professional chef. In the food services industry, 1 portion is 4 oz uncooked. 1 box that is a 1 lb box is 4 portions if a main dish. 2 oz nutritionals are just the way they measure it for the nutritional panel on the box.