Giving up...HELP!

Options
I have been struggling with the difficulties of not eating whatever I want. It was become an increasing challenge because of the holidays. Now that I am so far back Im just completely discouraged and upset with myself. I need some support before I decide to throw in the towel. I dont want to give up but it has just become so difficult to stick with it...

Replies

• LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!

We are all here for you!

You can do this!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    To start with, eat whatever you want. Just practise logging it all for a week or so, then cut 1 thing out -- maybe switching from soda or whatever to water. The next week, try to eat healthy 1 day. The week after, 2.

Even just logging what you're eating will help you see what's in it, and then maybe you won't want to eat it so much?

I don't deprive myself of anything -- if I want chocolate, I bloody well have it. Everything in moderation, sweetie. :flowerforyou: Don't give up!
  • smalltownhero
    smalltownhero Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have lost 13 lbs! that is awesome... so don't give up now!!!! You can do this... We can do this... Add me if you need a friend...
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hey- don't give up!! Remind yourself of what you really want- a healthy life, a long life, a nice figure- whatever it is! Use that to motivate you! And use MFP to figure out how to enjoy the foods you really want- in moderation, keeping with your long term goals. One of the great things that MFP has done for me is help me learn to trade things. For example, I kind of wanted to have pancakes for breakfast today :D but I have learned before that I can only have pancakes on a day that I dont have dessert. Etc. And if you mess up one day it's OK- just start over!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't expect perfection! You are doing great already because you are choosing to be here and post about your struggle. No matter what, tomorrow is always another day. Heck, today is still a day! You got this. :)
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't thrown in the towel. The holidays are over and tomorrow is a new day! You are talking to us for a reason, because you really want to do this. You can do this!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't you dare give-up! It's Hard but you'll get back in the groove!
    Go ahead... look at my diary for christmas morning.
    And pssst... I lied it was a lot worse than that:sad:
  • toxicasylum
    Options
    You've already lost 13 pounds! Don't give up now. You can totally do this!
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    oh I have been there. Keep hanging in there. I left MFP but I'm back and missed the opp to lose weight with friends. my daughters continued on the journey w/o me on MFP and they have bee very successful (22 lbs). Don't leave please. Friend me and we can support each other. I have 50 to lose this year. C'mon help me too.......:flowerforyou: send a friend request okay?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    eat what u want just log it and make sure you get your workout in ...then slowly just change things a bit ..
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    DON'T!! Just start with one thing better each day. For example, I learned that the holiday candy was throwing my sugar up to the sky. I started eating 1 piece less each day and after 1 week felt better.

Just try to start small you don't have to eat nothing but veggies for a week to get back to it. something small will put you on the right track. I promise.

P.s. just by cutting those candies and sheer determination I am down 2 lbs.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon not a sprint. There will be hills and valleys. You are on a hill right now. Don't give up, you can do it!!!
    Be nice to yourself, do good for you.

C'mon, you CAN do it!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Don't. Give. Up.

:flowerforyou:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with the difficulties of not eating whatever I want. It was become an increasing challenge because of the holidays. Now that I am so far back Im just completely discouraged and upset with myself. I need some support before I decide to throw in the towel. I dont want to give up but it has just become so difficult to stick with it...
    You won't make it without a major change of attitude.

Nobody here can talk you into being motivated. You either have it or you don't.

To see this through, look deep inside and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set this goal.

And then answer for yourself this:
    Why don't I want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail. This is why you are in the position you're in right now.
    This is the key to internal motivation.

You, and ONLY you are the author of your outstanding future or your sub-par existence.

The ball's in your court.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The holidays are difficult for a lot of people. I gained 6 lbs (lost 3 of them again), but that's no reason to quit. Like 47by47 said, there's gonna be highs and lows and you're gonna have to get used to it if you wanna get to your goal.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, I'm there about every other minute!!! But, the only way you can fail is if you quit!!! We all splurge (well, most of us do) and have times where we feel like/know we didn't eat the healthiest, but if you give up, your body will only get worse!!!! Keep trying!! Keep going!!! Just make little things to start with if it all seems too overwhelming. Just start one habit at a time and each week keep adding another healthy habit. It will add up and will get easier and before you know it, six months, a year, will be gone and you will be able to see a difference.

I like this quote that someone has on their page, "A year from now you will wish you had started today." It so true!! The beginning, and those times when we feel like we fail, are soooo overwhelming and seem to be so hopeless because we may have a long road ahead, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and if you don't ever get back on that journey you won't ever get there.

YOu can do it!! Just look at all the people here that are working and doing it, and TRUST ME, you are NO different than the rest of us ordinary, run-of-the-mill, average people!!! :) That just means you can do it, too!!!

GOod luck on your journey and I hope you don't give up!!!
  • vcreinert
    Options
    When you fall off the horse, you put that day behind you and start fresh the next day. :happy:
  • nc90
    nc90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A quote I found that motivates me..."A year ago from now, you'll wish you had started today"

It's a process. Day by day! Just hang in there and you can do it!
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    wow everyone. All your support is amazing. Thank you ;') Please feel free to send friend requests. Id love to continue having the support. And all of you are right. I shouldn't give up. Not yet and not ever. Thank you!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    A quote I found that motivates me..."A year ago from now, you'll wish you had started today"

It's a process. Day by day! Just hang in there and you can do it!
    wow, I like this!^^^^^^^^:drinker: