Giving up...HELP!

Options

Replies

• kommitted1
    kommitted1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    one day at a time:glasses: start fresh tomorrow again and just log everything in~dont worry about what ur eating~JUST log it in! keep repeating this and as the days pass you WILL get back in the groove..come on u CAN do it:heart:
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Make small changes, ease up on yourself a bit, but don't give up! Remind yourself of why you are doing this and focus on that. Focus on one day at a time, one minute at a time if you have to. And don't let one bad day affect your whole week, or one bad minute affect your whole day. Dust yourself off and climb back on the horse! :wink:
    You CAN do it!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What do you miss most about "off-the-wagon" eating? Myself, I LOVE sweets. I am eating 90 cal Special K bars right now to help me stay on track. (chocolatey pretzel) They may not be the healthiest things in the world, but they help me stick with it and that's what I care about the most at this point in my journey. Also, I usually have a "whatever I want" meal (within reason--no eating an entire pizza or anything) once a week. Truth is, I really like food, and some days (weeks) I totally blow it. I think the trick is to get right back to it at the next meal. Don't throw in the towel just because you had a bad month. New year=clean slate. Best to you!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Don't Give up Then your giving up on yourself and that is the worst feeling in the world Friend me if you want take baby steps you can make your way back it just takes time. I had a hard time this holiday season ...i broke my toe twice the first time the week of Thanksgiving same toe rebroke Christmas night but i'm not giving up i'm only getting started. I want better for myself and i know you do too!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with the same doubts around the holidays. I can feel your pain! Hang in there. I was getting VERY discouraged until I did the UNTHINKABLE! For the first time since joining MFP 1 year ago this week, I logged a weight GAIN. It HURT bad but......... now I get to get to log my losses again on my good days and that is encouraging me and little by little I am settling back into my routine. I actually got back in the gym tonight! Please hang in there. You CAN get back on track even if it takes you a little time. Friend me if you like. We are all in the same boat here.....just some are rowing harder than others!
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What do you miss most about "off-the-wagon" eating? Myself, I LOVE sweets. I am eating 90 cal Special K bars right now to help me stay on track. (chocolatey pretzel) They may not be the healthiest things in the world, but they help me stick with it and that's what I care about the most at this point in my journey. Also, I usually have a "whatever I want" meal (within reason--no eating an entire pizza or anything) once a week. Truth is, I really like food, and some days (weeks) I totally blow it. I think the trick is to get right back to it at the next meal. Don't throw in the towel just because you had a bad month. New year=clean slate. Best to you!
    Thanks. This makes sense to me and I think I may end up doing something along these lines. Thanks again!
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    To start with, eat whatever you want. Just practise logging it all for a week or so, then cut 1 thing out -- maybe switching from soda or whatever to water. The next week, try to eat healthy 1 day. The week after, 2.

Even just logging what you're eating will help you see what's in it, and then maybe you won't want to eat it so much?

I don't deprive myself of anything -- if I want chocolate, I bloody well have it. Everything in moderation, sweetie. :flowerforyou: Don't give up!

great advice i will try this!1
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't give up !!! I've almost given up over the past almost year I've been here but I kept at it because of my MFPals !!
    You don't have to be perfect or even close to perfect (sho os?) Its just the showing up part !!! We care around here !!
  • brashju
    Options
    I stuggle like you do. I feel like giving up too. A lifestyle change and a habit change is so hard! I don't know you but you are here... and that means YOU CAN DO IT! DON"T GIVE UP!!!
  • richelle67
    Options
    Don't give up. I have been eating foods that haven't been the best choices for me too! The thing to remember is this a lifestyle change. We can't be perfect all the time. We may have our "cheat times or days" but that is ok. We are human. Sometimes days like that are what we need to get over a plateau. I found I gained 4 lbs over christmas and than the awful" monthly" thing. Than today I got on the scale and I was down the 4lb gain plus 1.2 more and I wasn't as strict as I normally am!! So it does work out!!! We are here for you!! Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! In fact, everyone here can do this. It's all about setting you up for tomorrow. The holidays were rough for me too but we all need down time. We can't be perfect. You are 13 pounds down and all you need is an uptick to get you back in the game. What if you went for a walk to clear your head and get you out and away from your troubles? Or wrote a letter to your future self encouraging them to be the best they can be.

YOU are worthwhile. YOU are important. YOU are one step closer to becoming the 'you' you've always wanted to be!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sweetie,
    Please don't give up on yourself. We are all in this thing together and we ALL hit our bumps in the road along this journey. Just look at yourself and say that you are sooo worth the fight! You've lost 13lbs already!!! I'm sure that out weighs whatever you did during the holidays. I gained 4lbs during Thanksgiving....lost them, then turned around and gained them back at Christmas, but I'm determined to win this thing. So let's just take this thing one day at a time and one meal at a time. We'll be back into the swing of things before we know!!

We're all here for you...so whatever you do...please don't give up!!!:flowerforyou:
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! 13 lbs is an awesome accomplishment! We all have bad days, realize that's what it is and don't be too hard on yourself. Some great advice in this thread, good luck and please add me as a friend if you would like. Always looking for more friends/support :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    *slap*

You're welcome.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    don't give up. your halfway there. you can do this !!! i gained weight over the holidays eating cookies. i luv cookies. but day after new years i started up again and got back in the game. i gained 3 lbs over the holidays and finally got it back off. you can do it.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    think of how your going to feel when you give up and just eat whatever. sure your going to have that instant gratification. we have all had that. but then your going to feel horrible afterwards. dont give up. you can do this. it just takes time. up your calories if you have to for a week or two. eat a little more and make a few items of your daily intake healthy. after a while you will find yourself wanting the healthy stuff. its not an easy task. if it was everyone would be fit and healthy. get it done. go look at success stories on here. once you see how some people have lost an amazing amount of weight and they look great you will have a new wind.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think more of us struggle with food than we'd like to admit. I too struggled during the holidays because it meant A. eating too many sweets/unhealthy snacks B. going out to eat for almost every meal (not making healthy choices). I was in a rut for maybe three weeks or more right before Christmas due to moving and holiday gatherings. It wasn't until this last week I started getting back on track. Yeah, I'm still eating out every once in a while but I'm trying to wean myself off restaurant food and back to eating more food at home and being DILIGENT about tracking my calories again.

It wasn't until recently I realized how much BETTER I feel when I eat healthier and exercise more often compared to eating out and not exercising like I should. I think something that motivated me was my interest in really sitting down to watch The Biggest Loser on Netflix (starting in season 1). If you haven't really watched an entire season (to learn about the contestants) I really think you should give it a try. It's really motivated me and made me work harder in eating right and working out to challenge myself.

Anyway, sorry about the novel. Hope you look deeper into the WHY you started MFP in the first place and find strength and will to accomplish your goals.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't say anymore than what has already been said but YOU have come so far DON'T give up now!!
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is difficult, but so worth it in the end...keep on trying and working at it...If you really want to lose weight then you WILL do it...feel free to add me if you would like for more support!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up and don't give up!