What are you losing weight for?

Options
We may or may not have a goal to aim towards but for those that don't think of something and it may motivate you :-)

Mine is for a pageant in August!

Replies

• Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have several reasons!! I actually printed them and posted them on my mirror, next to an old skinny picture of myself so I can see them daily.

I graduate in May with my BA
    My daughters getting married in May
    20 yr high school reunion
    Family reunion
    3 drawers of practically new jeans I havent been able to wear for 3 years
    Want to be able to look at myself in the mirror again
    Want to be comfortable letting people take my picture again
    To be healthy for my kids
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to walk into a designer store, just grab something off the rack and not receive any "these clothes are not for you" looks. Soon!!! Good luck with your pageant~!
  • watso001
    Options
    I'm just not happy with the way I look in the mirror.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to allow myself to start a family in a few years.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I just want to be a fitter, more healthy person. :)

Good luck for your pageant! :)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's like my retirement plan for old age.

Really. My mom is a very spry 82, her sister an active independent 93, and their cousin is still going at 104. That means my body most likely is going to need to keep going for another 40 years or more. I want to tell my body where I want it to go, not go where my body or a wheelchair lets me. I plan on being one of those funny, amazing, traveling old ladies some day. So I need to beat my body under submission now to make that happen. If not now, when?
  • LadyBrady
    LadyBrady Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I want a baby! My husband and I have been trying for 5 years now, and before I seek medical help, I want to do EVERYTHING i possibly can before we go that route, and losing weight I belive is the way to go. And i want to have a healthy pregnancy!
  • dutchjacky
    dutchjacky Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    to be fifty n fit, wont have lost it all bfore my birthdfay but am well on the way x
  • doodlegirl100
    doodlegirl100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm losing for myself and no one else!!

I to want to be comfortable in my clothes,
    I want to look at myself in the mirror,
    I want to be able to run a 5 k,

And most of all

I want to look good naked!
  • choccay
    choccay Posts: 32
    Options
    My sister's wedding
    For a flat stomach
    To build up endurance
    Because my weight is something that I have control over, and I feel like I lack control in many important aspects of my life.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Like another poster said, my baby. I can't go on the IVF waiting list until my BMI is within a certain range, that's what I'm working towards.

We don't know yet if IVF is what we need but I strongly suspect it is and no one is going to tell me t come back when my BMI is in the right rage as it will already be there.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    I want to lose weight for a few reasons

1) Myself and my husband want to start our own family and i want to be healthier and fitter before that happens...
    2) I want to feel confident and happy in myself
    3) My sister in law recently got engaged and had said before she wanted me to be one of her bridesmaids
    4) I don't want to be the fat friend/sister/daughter/wife/aunty anymore!
    5) and to refer back to number 1, when i have kids i want to be a yummy mummy, not a tubby mummy :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for me means, its the right thing to do.
  • madelongrin
    madelongrin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for my wedding in November this year! I am good at losing weight but never manage to maintain so I have started early, will get to my maintenance weight in the next month or 2 and will need to work at maintaining that weight for the next 10 months! I want to look amazing on my wedding day and have toned arms (as they will be the only ones on display) so let's see what I can do. 16lbs lost and 6-8lbs to go till maintenance weight. Bring it on!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    We may or may not have a goal to aim towards but for those that don't think of something and it may motivate you :-)

Mine is for a pageant in August!

I am not merely losing weight. I am taking back my health and well being. The weight loss is an added benefit to the aforementioned.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My health. I have a serious chronic heart and lung problem and weight only makes it worse. I am losing to save myself and to be here for my family.
  • dictations
    Options
    To feel amazing this summer in a bikini and crop tops, and for a lot more self confidence.
  • Angela977
    Angela977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am tired of having my knees hurt when i walk up the steps. I want to be healthy 34 year old mom, not an obese 34 year old mom. I may never wear a bikini, but I want to be comfortable at the pool with my kids. I want to grow old with my husband and see my grandkids.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For Me.
    So I can wear all the cute fashionable clothes and not feel self concious.
    So When I go to the bar with my girlfriends, I get hit on too, and don't just have to play wing woman.
    So I can go to the beach in a bikini, without people thinking I'm a beached whale.
    So someone can be attracted to me physically before getting to know me, and realizing I'm twice as awesome on the inside.
    So that I can make everyone who ever doubted me feel like an idiot.
    So that I can finish what I started, for once.
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I want to loose weight to give myself some self confidence.
    I am an amateur photographer but yet will not often allow people to take pictures of me.
    I want to be able to get my tattoo in march (on my ribs) and be able to show it off.
    Most of all i have a wardrobe full of gorgeous dresses and clothes which are just that bit too tight and so have never been worn.