Faker?

Options
wow the support dries up real quick on here haha...
it’s odd, I mean yeah it’s a place of high-fives and wtg’s... but beyond that it seems somewhat superficial... I was hoping I could meet people who actually wanted to get to know each other, support the weight loss and share the sorties... but after the first round of avid enthusiast I can say there is maybe only one person who I can get boo out of...
should I give my finger a workout and start deleting or stick with it and give it a bit more time?

Replies

• ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Maybe it's you?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    wow the support dries up real quick on here haha...
    it’s odd, I mean yeah it’s a place of high-fives and wtg’s... but beyond that it seems somewhat superficial... I was hoping I could meet people who actually wanted to get to know each other, support the weight loss and share the sorties... but after the first round of avid enthusiast I can say there is maybe only one person who I can get boo out of...
    should I give my finger a workout and start deleting or stick with it and give it a bit more time?

Errrr ^^^^^ yeah that really makes me wanna **happy wiggle** for you....

Who peed in your cornflakes this morning?
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You just joined this month, max of 10 days now. How many lifelong friendships did you expect to make?
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Stick with it and give it more time. I just started it on Sunday and I love reading and responding to message boards. It keeps me thinking about weight loss and I get other people's ideas. I am also reminded that I am not the only one struggling with weight loss. Keeping track of food and exercise is really working to keep me in line. I love food and always want to eat so now that I have my calorie countdown I am making smarter, healthier choices to eat so I can still eat the same amount and I am pumped up to exercise because I get the reward of more calories! Instant gratification works for me! Good luck, and try not to give up so fast!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You've been here a week? Maybe it's the friends you're making :huh:
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Maybe it's you?

^^ This
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I get @SS slaps and inappropriate hugs from my friends on here, as well words of support and interest in what I'm doing. But maybe that's bc i return the favor. Have to go with Funny_girl and say maybe the problem isn't your friends.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I believe you can only count on you. If you want it you have to work for it. Don't depend on anyone.
    If you want interaction you may find Weight watchers a better fit.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It might also be that you had a lot of resolutionists, in January LOTS of people think they want to lose weight, few of them manage to tough it out.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I don't know who your friends are, but I have some of the most amazing, geniune, gorgeous, dedicated, supportive, and motivating friends on MFP. Not sure what you expect being a newbie, but I would suggest losing the negative attitude. No one like that. :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    95% of newbies quit after a few weeks. It's a fact.

Get new friends and with time you will have plenty of really good friends.

P.S. change your attutide....it will help :flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's you?
    smiley-signs011.gif
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I don't understand this post or the replies at all. What exactly does "Faker" mean in reference to not making online friends quickly? And what is with all the hostile replies?

Did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed today?
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I think it is all what you make it. When I signed up I got two 'friends right away...then I chose two who looked like they were in the same boat as me. Do I hear from them all the time? no but I drop a line or two and I know they are there. Try to find a couple that really seem on the same page and give it some effort,don't give up easy.....
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm sure ur "friends" on ur list appreciate this.....lol
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    My friends kick *kitten*! Every single day they kick *kitten*! Work hard, eat right and support your friends. Do that, and they'll support you right back. Good peeps on here ... mostly.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'd give it some more time. If the friends you have at the moment aren't being supportive go ahead and delete them. Reintroduce yourself in the forums...but I don't recommend starting your reintroduction out with complaints of how crappy things are here when you've only joined this month.
  • twinbabymama
    twinbabymama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that with a site like this, you will get out of it whatever you put into it.
  • giro429
    Options
    Good attitude works, try it.

Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your own success. Coming to a site to make friends is a bit unrealistic, it can happen, but should not be the focus.

First impressions are certainly at play here, just a thought.