Do you eat your workout calories? If you do are you still lo

Options
1235»

Replies

• saraht77
    Options
    I don't! I did at first but didn't loose any weight....very once in awhile I do like if I'm going out to eat...but I try very hard not too....and I'm loosing!
    {Sarah}
  • cieralea7
    cieralea7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey all....Quick question??? I've been monitoring my calories well and really focusing on consuming my daily protein limit, but staying with my calorie limit. Tonight I burned 920 calories according to my heart rate monitor at the gym, I logged~ 800 and MFP gave me 400 calories back when I just logged everything in. I have met my calorie limit for the day but in no way plan to consume 400 calories before bed. I'm gonna eat a protein before bed around 100 calories. So dilemma...I feel like there is no way to consume my exercise cals. Is this bad??
  • ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey all....Quick question??? I've been monitoring my calories well and really focusing on consuming my daily protein limit, but staying with my calorie limit. Tonight I burned 920 calories according to my heart rate monitor at the gym, I logged~ 800 and MFP gave me 400 calories back when I just logged everything in. I have met my calorie limit for the day but in no way plan to consume 400 calories before bed. I'm gonna eat a protein before bed around 100 calories. So dilemma...I feel like there is no way to consume my exercise cals. Is this bad??

I have the same problem. I eat back a lot of my exercise cals but I don't want to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry :(
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I actually (so far) don't eat back my workout calories. If I'm still hungry, I may think about having a low calorie snack of some kind. But I really do try to avoid eating more.

Now if I'm a marathon runner and doing some serious workouts, then maybe I'd reconsider. But for now, this works for me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Leaving a big leftover chunk of calories once in a while is no big deal, but if you do it consistently, it's not good for you long term.

If I had ~400 leftover calories, I'd have a protein powder mixed with chocolate milk. That'd be about 300 calories and about 35g of protein, and absolutely delicious.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised how many of you eat your calories back! I did P90X Kempo at lunch and ran 6 miles after work. Not sure how many I burned at kempo, but according to my HRM I burned 625 running. I'm at less then 1400 calories for the day.

5'1" 39 year old female - current weight 149 - down 195 lbs from hkw.