Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Anyone else reading the book..
  • tabluedke
    tabluedke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just got done reading them for the 2nd time!

144484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I've read all of them. They get better as they go along.

I still prefer Anne Rice though :smile:
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anyone else reading the book..

YES! i read all 4 books in about a month... such a fun series... she is a really great writer... despite what stephen king may say... :tongue:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    read them all in 5 days :love:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I just finished the second one.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Read the very first one to see what the hype was about...Promptly went out and bought the rest and proceeded to read them in about 4 days!!:blushing: Saw the movie twice too!! It comes out on DVD in a couple weeks. New Moon movie comes out end of November this year and Eclipse movie is supposed to come out next summer!! :happy:
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    Read all four of them and loved it! Was actually depressed when I was done with #4!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    read them all in 5 days :love:

same here and then another 2 times each after that:love::love: :bigsmile:
    wacth out my housework went on a big slide that week:laugh:
  • PrettyOscar
    PrettyOscar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't read them but I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and I LOVED IT! It's along the same lines with vamps and were's but there's MORE! My recommendations.
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I love love love the books.

But I am here to tell you that I thought the movie was thing stupidest thing ever. :grumble:

JUST MY OPINION.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

But I am here to tell you that I thought the movie was thing stupidest thing ever. :grumble:

JUST MY OPINION.

Ya, I have no interest AT ALL in seeing the movie. I hate it when they take perfectly good books and turn them into horrible movies :grumble:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

JUST MY OPINION.

I have to agree I was expecting better
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's astounding how popular these books are. Stephen King tore them and Stephanie Meyer to shreds. I found that funny - he was sneered at as a populist writer for so long and now he's making the same insult to her!

Say what you want, but Meyer came up with some powerful themes in those books that really resonate with an audience.

http://rolandhulme.blogspot.com/2009/02/dissecting-twilight.html
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Yes! If I ever have a daughter I think Esme would be a great name for her :-)

Other than that I'm enjoying it so far, I started New Moon last night.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I haven't read them but I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and I LOVED IT! It's along the same lines with vamps and were's but there's MORE! My recommendations.

I'm also reading this series, for sure more adult/mature reading material and life experiences. Don't you think Charlaine Harris is hilarious? Not as funny as Janet Evanovich but good nonetheless.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    i saw the movie and pre ordered it and am listening to the audio book
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I just saw the movie on a flight a couple weeks ago. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. They changed somethings, but it could have been a lot worse. I had heard a lot of negative comments on the movie so I was expecting it to be really bad, but they didn't destroy the story like some movies do (anyone seen Hideaway "based" on the Dean Koontz novel?? When asked what Koontz thought of the movie he said he would rather drive a fork through his hand than watch it again).

I reread the book last week and the book is still much much better. I am now unable to stop and am part way through New Moon for the second time. :smile:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've read them all (including the unfinished Midnight Sun that was posted on Meyer's blog -- Twilight from Edward's perspective...) and really liked them.

I've read the Sookie Stackhouse series as well. A lot of parallels there. You might like them.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm a major Twilight addict! I triple LOVED the books!!:love::love: :love: