Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    funny.gif
  • JillDavisWright
    JillDavisWright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too read them all in about a month. I was obsessed with them for a while. I just watched the movie for the last time last night though. I was a little disappointed in the movie. It just seemed to leave out a few details and it seemed to move too fast. It was still good though.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I just bought the first book today! :happy:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I have not read them but my 10 year old daughter wants to. I wanted to know if you think it is ok for a 10 year old?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how mature of a 10 year old we're talking about... There isn't anything really sexually explicit in the books, so far(I only read the first 2)... But there are some moments in it that I would consider mature content for someone in a younger age group.

I think 12 or 13 would be safe, but maybe it would be better to pre-read it? That's one of the reasons why I read it in the first place-my 13 year old sister wanted to read the book, but there was NO WAY my dad would have read it first...:laugh:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I deliberately saw the movie first. If I read the book, then see the film, it can ruin both for me; not so the other way around. Liked the film (though am I the only person who doesn't see the appeal in Pattison?); LOVED the books. POed that the 5th may not come out (the rumours change so much. I'm never sure what's happening with that.)

Yep, yep, that's what I do. Then when I read the book I have faces to put with the characters, been my way of watching/reading for a while.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I guess it depends on how mature of a 10 year old we're talking about... There isn't anything really sexually explicit in the books, so far(I only read the first 2)... But there are some moments in it that I would consider mature content for someone in a younger age group.

I think 12 or 13 would be safe, but maybe it would be better to pre-read it? That's one of the reasons why I read it in the first place-my 13 year old sister wanted to read the book, but there was NO WAY my dad would have read it first...:laugh:

I was thinking about reading it first. Sounds like a good plan.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You know, it "started out" with me reading the books to make sure my sister could handle it, but it ended up with me reading 2 in a couple of weeks, and then my 24 year-old sister reading all 4... I couldn't get the other two without going on a wait list... I'll be getting my sister's copies soon.:happy:
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    so the books are a ton better than the movie, but im still waiting in anticipation for Eclipse to come out! Too bad she wont finish the 5th book since it was leaked!!!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: heatherOmc... Thank you for your advise and suggestion! They are always welcome and appreciated :flowerforyou: And I have found that it had actually brought us closer once again...( I am 49... she is 16...:wink: ) All in all a great experience in todays life! It opens up communication, among a million of other avenues. Once again ....Thank you for you .....:flowerforyou: always , neome90: heart:

what a beautiful thing! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: OMG !!!!!

btw everyone, i met a friend at hot topic last night to give her something. i never go there these days (shoot, i worked at one in phoenix when i was 18...a bit different back then but basically the same) but they had SO MUCH twilight stuff it was crazy!!! maybe i am just slow but i was like, look at this! look at that! hehe. yea, im 33 and love twilight - sue me! :smokin:

are you still in phoenix.. i live in phoenix

nope, left phoenix in 1995. i grew up in havasu but have lived in dallas for 12 years :drinker:
  • Tyravis
    Tyravis Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm with you.I love Anne Rice. My wife read the Twilight series and from what she described to me it sounds OK. I am half way through the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice.She has kept me mesmerized.I have had a hard time reading.So these are great for me.:smile:
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.I love Anne Rice. My wife read the Twilight series and from what she described to me it sounds OK. I am half way through the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice.She has kept me mesmerized.I have had a hard time reading.So these are great for me.:smile:

oh i looooove Ann Rice, have you read the witch books? The Mayfair Witches, Lasher and Taltos? Those are my favs!!!!
  • jdelisle
    Options

... and am already half way through it already! I'm experiencing the 'Twilight Effect'
  • jdelisle
    Options

... and am already half way through it already! I'm experiencing the 'Twilight Effect'

And now done. So it literally took me only 1 day of reading (and I did lots of other stuff yesterday too). This book is crack, lol.

Who is reading book 2?
  • Tyravis
    Tyravis Posts: 37
    Options

oh i looooove Ann Rice, have you read the witch books? The Mayfair Witches, Lasher and Taltos? Those are my favs!!!!
    I haven't read the witch books yet but i intend to after the vampire chronicles.I have looked into to those a little bit and it looks like there as good as the others Ive read so far.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If you guys like Twilight you should check out this trilogy by Garth Nix. There's three books and the first one is called Sabriel.

They're supposed to be young adult but they are BY FAR my number one favorite books EVER. I've read them a million times, have them on tape so I can listen to them when I fly, etc.

They're just AWESOME!!!!:heart::heart:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hopped on the Twilight bandwagon just last night. I'm about 5 or 6 chapters in and so far so good.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    on recomendation from a friend (Heather) I am going to start to read this series.. sounds interesting...:happy:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I refuse to read them until the movies are done. That way I wont be disappointed the next time my in-law makes me watch it.