What motivates you most to get in shape?

Options
Mine was a combination of a few factors...1. Age. I dont want to let my body go and turn into dust so to speak. Staying young as long as possible! 2. Learning the right way to train for my goals. With this ammo I was able to take my physique to a whole new dimension,..and 3. I wanted to have a six pac! :) Surely there are many more reasons why but I like these to start out with.

How bout you,..what motivates you?

Replies

• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I want to wear shorts and tank tops and dresses in the summer without feeling ridiculously self conscious. And fit back into my old clothes. (:
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    When I first decided to lose weight and get in shape, it was really about my kids. Their dad was chronically ill (and has since passed away) and I wanted to make the best effort I could to get and stay healthy to improve my chances of being around for them for many years to come.

While that still motivates me, I am now also motivated by the fact that, well damn, it just feels good!
  • raineraven78
    raineraven78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Having YOU for a boyfriend! :p
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    When I look at pictures of myself.

They make me depressed.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    To feel confident and attractive. Also I want to just be healthy.
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    1. to be healthy
    2. to have a flat tummy & toned arms!!!
    3. My 20th high school reunion this summer ( I want to look hot -lol)
    That's what motivates me ( for now) :)
  • jcan64
    jcan64 Posts: 11
    Options
    This sounds terrible. I don't really post often but I really got to to it together. This girl I am dating is really hot so my new motivation is getting in better shape so I dont lose her.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror every morning does it for me.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The bikini folded and tucked away for the summer
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Knwing that I have to look better in the next vacation pictures
    Making my girl feel protected and proud of who she is with
    Seeing other people in the gym working their butts off
    Wanting to be the best athlete that I can be.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Pictures. At this point in time, I hate to see myself from the neck down unless I'm pretty much covered up.
    I live in Key West, FL and want to be comfortable in the middle of summer in just shorts and a bikini top on the back of the hubby's motorcycle.
    To be able to flaunt all my beautiful ink.
  • stayfit2008
    Options
    Well you definitely motivate me Ms. Rainraven :).
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    1. To feel as confident as possible about myself
    2. To be a hot mom
    3. So I can continue keep up with my kids
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well, last year's resolution (get healthy/lose weight, the usual...) resulted in a 40lb weight loss... and since October I've gained about 15 back... and I'd like to lose that weight as well as an additional 15 lbs by May 2012 for our beach vacation to the Dominican. I'd like to have a total weight loss of 50lbs by next January because I don't want another weight loss resolution.

I guess-timate at 50lbs because I hold a lot of muscle... so once I get a little more lean we'll see what the actual number is.

Since being on here, my motivation is to post some awesome before/after pictures. All the pictures and success stories are so motivating I just want to get up and go to the gym!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Lots of things! I wanna be able to wear a two piece bikini and look and feel good wearing it! I want to be able to wear short shorts and not feel like I have chubby legs. I want to feel more confident in myself! I want to finally feel good bout myself and not feel ashamed of the way I look. I also wanna be able to wear a short off the shoulder dress and look damn good in it!
  • Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I want To be The Best Me I can be Inside out I don't give my outside apperance the credit I should As I Do My Heart & My Inside Self Now Its Time To do both :)
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    Right now, it's the guy that's teaching me the fine art of weight lifting. He holds me accountable and challenges me.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Six pack abs! Just wanna see what it looks like on me...
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    1. So that clothes stop determine how I feel about myself. I hate being restricted when shopping because my *kitten* will fit in something then it's huge in the waist.

2. To be healthy, so far every one of my parents siblings has had cancer, plus my Oma and my grandpa. I have seen 4 of them die from it. I need to be in the best possible health so that if one day I end up in the same situation I can fight.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    I would like to look as strong on the outside as I am on the inside.
    I want to set an example for those who come to me for health advise and for my sister and cousins.
    I want to inspire my mum and dad to follow my healthy lifestyle choices.
    & I'm extremely competitive, so I really want to be the best athlete in my town.

Superficially, I'd like to look smokin' hot in my clothing. I'd like to be more toned and I'd like to have more defined abs.