Sweating at the Gym... Hot or Not?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If I were looking to meet someone at the gym, then sweat wouldn't matter. Well, if they weren't showing some iota of energy put into their workout, by either sweat or red face or whatever, lol - then I'd wonder WHY they were there.

Frankly, why should sweat be a turn off at the gym, everyone does it to a degree. If you find it a turn off, get out of the gym, OR, make sure you shower with the one you love later on. :)
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i personally sweat a lot with most exercises (i drip with insanity)
    but you are working to make yourself better, sweating is just a side effect. i personally think guys look better when they sweat (while working out), so why not girls
  • FadedFreckles
    FadedFreckles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do not look good at the gym. I go red and i sweat. I dont really care to be honest, i'm not there to pick up a date.

Workout sweat shouldnt smell like BO. BO smells because the sweat is broken down by bacteria if it is left on the skin for a period of time.
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There is a girl at my gym who looks gorgeous while working out. Her hair is curled, make up perfect, off the shoulder sweatshrt. But then again she just stands in front of the mirror and most people walk by and roll their eyes.

I sweat when I do cardio, and I don't really care! If you're self conscious about it, bring a towel!
    As many have already said: If you're not sweating you're not working hard enough!
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    Hot.

Litterally or figuratively LOL
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Sweaty and panting = HOT!

Leaving your sweat all over the equipment = Gross.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Sweat = working hard = drive to improve = hot.

^this. It's not the sweat that's hot. It's what it signifies.

That said, I tend not to evaluate other people at the gym, one way or another since my objective is to exercise. Entertaining this hot/not hot idea is fun for MFP threads, but really has no place out there. Just work out with your head held high.
  • siouxperwoman
    Options
    Sweat = Sex (y)

Literally, when you work out your face will get flushed, and you start to sweat. Which is the same look you will have when you're having sexual intercourse. So naturally, it turns on the opposite sex, whether you're male or female.

BUT, if you just sweat and you're not doing anything, not so attractive.

OR, if there is a nasty body order along with your sweat. (use some Axe or something!!!)

PLUS if you're sweating, it means you're actually doing something!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Horses sweat....men perspire....ladies glow. ( that's what my Grandma used to say)

I glow like the freaking sun at the gym!

And to me...anybody working hard enough to be good and sweaty at the gym is sexy
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    i sweat at least 2 lbs of water everytime i workout..im like a wet sponge LOL..i wipe the machine off after i work out even the belt on the treadmill..dont care if someone sweats..plus hot women at the gym show a lil more off when they sweat..its just more incentive to get into shape i guess :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    my friend always says, if you still look cute after working out, you didnt work out hard enough.:laugh:
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If I am not sweating than I feel like I did not get a good work out and everyone else there is prob sweating, I have never really thought that i should not sweat at the gym!!
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my friend always says, if you still look cute after working out, you didnt work out hard enough.:laugh:

^^^this!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I sweat and I love it. I wear Nike dri-fit but they are still soaked at the end of a work out and there is no way that I could pull on my coat and just go home, I have to shower. I have to be careful in my step class in case I slip on my own sweat, but I don't care. Sweat is how I know that I have pushed myself and worked as hard as I possibly can.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Aragorn: Sweaty, filthy, and sexy as hell

z223024517.jpg
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    haha. when I come in after yard work, my wife doesn't seem to have that view.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    haha. when I come in after yard work, my wife doesn't seem to have that view.

That's because you didn't do it with a big sword.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Its a gym, and sweating should be expected. That said I think it is seriously gross on MYSELF- It doesnt bother me on others. I usually give a silent "way to go" nod as I walk past anyone wringing their clothes out after a good workout.........

Im personally a major sweathog when I workout, so I put a gym in my home so no one has to see me :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If that's your biggest concern at the gym, skip it.
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Hot. On glistening muscles. Ohh baby :laugh: