Any Recovered Binge Eaters? Recovering Binge Eaters?

Options
124»

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am a former/sometimes still binge eater :blushing: MFP has helped a lot but from time to time I just can't stop myself and I know that there are certain foods to stay away from AT ALL COSTS like brownies, If I make a pan I am going to eat the WHOLE pan, so I don;t make them, not even the low cal ones because when you eat a whole pan it's not low calories, oreos too, I will eat the whole package, they are just so good I can not stop myself. Also if I know I am going to be somewhere with lots of bread, cakes, pies, cookies ect. I plan ahead with MFP and since I know I will want to eat a lot, I plan around the menu to eat a lot of the healthier choices. Sometimes I still fall prey but MFP has made a big differance. Good luck! YOu are not alone.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had a HUGE PROBLEM with binge eating sometimes eating well over 5000 calories. I used food to medicate myself through depression, anger, hurt and guilt. My husband just did not understand what pushed me to do it. It was very hard to explain the overwhelming feelings I had to eat. Then I started a diet that keeps you in a good mood (eating Serotonin boosting foods) and I have not had a binge in 6 months. Funny that you guys mentioned carrots I eat them at least once a day and twice on others. You can add me I would love to be a support for you as I am online most all the time.
  • SaraRhiannon421
    SaraRhiannon421 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am currently recovering from binge eating disorder. It took me coming to terms with it to be able to finally get healthy. Every day is a struggle, and I find myself sometimes saving all my calories so I can eat them all at once, which is an unhealthy habit in itself.

I hope all of us can lean on each other for support, and I very much appreciate the making of this forum.

-Sara
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My last couple of years have been: diet for a few days then binge for a day, and of course I lost no weight at all. Alcohol triggers my binges - then I could eat everything in the house. So far (1 week) with MFP I have avoided a binge
  • morgandy
    Options
    I was a serious binge eater for about 10 years. In the height of it, I could eat an entire large pizza with an entire cake and bucket of ice cream. To this day, I am amazed at what I put my body through. I did do a lot of counseling and had some great (and not so great) counselors help me through the worst of it. I also had a lot of luck with Michelle Morand's book "Food is not the Problem: Deal with what is".

I do feel recovered now, even though I have relapses from time to time :) I always forgive myself for them and they are a *lot* fewer and in-between and less severe. I'm really careful not to restrict myself when it comes to my diet. Cookies? Sure, I'll have a few. Pizza every now and then? Definitely! But of course, it's not just cravings. There usually is a root cause unrelated to food that needs to be dealt with. For me, it was serious family problems and the more I talked about them, the better I was able to move past the worst of it.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free! Recovery is possible and we all deserve it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!