Tell me about your Pizza

Options

Replies

• helenstebb
    helenstebb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find a good way of making a "lighter" style pizza is to use a tortilla wrap or a square wrap. I spread tomatoe puree on it then put on a topping of your choice like ham and cheese (but not too much). Put it into a dry frying pan (no oil) and fold in half to cook. Or just pop under the grill for a couple of min until cheese has melted. Very quick to make and not as heavy or doughy as pizza :smile:
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nothing is better than The Pie pizza in Midvale/SLC Utah. Their chicken ranch is to die and kill for. If I need a pizza fix and a cheat meal is available, that is where you will find me. Thank God 2 slices are enough for me or I could eat a whole pizza by myself. Have not self control there. ha ha
  • feistymoon
    Options
    When I go for pizza I order a MASSIVE salad with it and make sure to eat most of that. That usually fills me to the point where less than half a whole pizza is enough. I also go light on the cheese, zero meat ( salami / roni etc is notoriously high in fat ), and add loads of chilli peppers (Some folk believe hot food can increases metabolism, but I just like the taste!). I also get thin crust instead of deep pan.

It probably sounds like the perfect way to spoil a pizza to some of you lol, but for me it's better than no pizza at alL!!!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    pizza was actually made for the poor people in italy. It was cheap to make and filled up the poor people. I really dislike pizza , i don't like it what so ever.....
    This makes me sad! :noway:
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Ohhh contrary03, I just might have to try that!!!

Mine is drizzled in olive oil, fresh sliced tomatoes, minced fresh garlic, chunks of artichoke hearts and smothered in mozzarella. It's the basilica from Ciao Bella in Worcester, MA and it's to.die.for.

Thanks for sharing!~ I'm SO gonna have to go there!!! (closer to me anyway) LOL Sounds delish:drinker:
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, GF pizza crust isn't worth it - super high in calories for a crust that falls in your stomach like a rock!

However, there is a place near me that serves individual sized pizzas, and they have homemade GF crust! They even take my crust in the back room and roll it out on a special pan so that the flour used during the rolling process doesn't contaminate my pizza. When I go there, it's totally a worth it experience. I always get just mushrooms on it :) really tastes like the real thing, and no explosive vomiting after! Win-win situation!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    O.M.G. I was just talking about this with Mr. Indy_Mario.

Okay.... my favorite pizza place is called HomeSlice here in Austin. Best pizza ever!!! I even have one of their t-shirts!!!

It's new york style. Huge pie!!!! Thin.. mmmm not too much sauce. Anywho, my toppings are pepperoni, mushrooms and ricotta. They put this globs of ricotta all over your pie. To die for!!!! I haven't had it in months.... hmmmm
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    strange to read this one today

I only make sourdough bread
    and I have just got the pizza stone out to part back a thin crust base
    on top of that will be sauce sliced mushrooms onions peppers tomatoes some oregano and a small sprinkling of mozzarella
  • dogslovecheese
    Options
    Check out this healthy recipe:

Cauliflower-crust pizza
    http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Domino's.

Stuffed crust, domino's sauce, cheese, ham, chicken, sweetcorn and garlic butter.

I will allow myself t have one every 20lbs lost but other than that, no chance I'm eating it. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO high in calories. Lol. One slice without the toppings is 216 calories.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I looove pizza! I crave it if I don't get it regularly.

Today is pizza day for lunch. Italian Village. Big NY style slices, covered in grease.

Work out, plan your calories ahead and you can eat pretty much anything, and the occaisonal off day sure isn't the end of the world. MAN I love MFP!
  • druikka
    Options
    I love pizza! I could eat it most every day, so I tried a healthy version last night and it was great:

1 Xtreme Wellness Tortilla Wrap
    1/2 c pizza sauce
    Turkey Pepperoni
    Fresh Mushrooms
    Chopped Onion
    Part Skin Mozzarella Cheese
    Jalapenos

Put in 450 degree oven till the cheese bubbles and tortilla is crispy:)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    JERBER'S HOMEMADE PIZZA
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Diorio's pizza is amazing! I love their stromboli's!! Good thing I'm broke most of the time...
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I like it saucy. Thin crust and not too much cheese. And the cheese needs to taste like cheese, not like nothing.

I also love to make it. I do a ww crust, with sauce, low fat mozz and spinach, peppers, olives, broccoli and a little ricotta. It's amazing.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizzas, with wheat (though sometimes white for my boyfriend) dough, just the right amount of sauce, lots of Italian seasonings, slices of orange peppers, mushrooms, good amount of mozzarella cheese, and I make a garlic-butter crust, too. :smile:

There is absolutely NOWHERE to get a good pizza around here. It sucks. :grumble:

Same here. You'd think being 5 hours from NYC we'd have good pizza, but the best is still the pizza I make at home. Not that I won't eat a badd pizza. :)

I might have to start doing what my sister does and order it without cheese, because no matter how many times I've told pizza places to go easy on the cheese they always overdo it.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my favorite is pizza73...I order what ever I want, with no cheese...cuts the calories by a ton!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I also love making pita pizza with my son, just take a whole wheat pita, put all your pizza yummy goodness on top (I usually do hawaiian with soy cheese) and broil until cheese is melted.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and I usually only get veggies on pizza and if Hubby and son want meat then I pull the meat off the pizza and give to one of them - now that I am watching what I eat we don't order extra cheese and I always have a huge salad with the pizza. I eat 1 slice of pizza - eat large salad - eat next slice of pizza real slow so I can enjoy each bite:wink: . Usually that takes care of it. Having the large salad in the middle really helps to allow the first slice of pizza to start filling me up.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i make my own pizza dough..its low sodium which is my main hang up and challenge with food..then i use 2 servings of spaghetti sauce to cover the whole pizza, a 1 lb bag of mozz cheese, and because it is a giant pizza, i usually have to split it up 4 ways with different toppings..i chose pineapples, mushrooms, and black olives