Earphones for running? Any advice on good ones?

Options
2»

Replies

• NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many pairs of headphones I've gone through! It's ridiculous because I've had the same problem as you. Finally found a solution. The Bose IE2 Headphones. Yes, they are very pricey ($99.95) but DAMN are they ever worth it.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/in_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Good luck :)

PS - I had skullcandys for a long time...I like them, but I've noticed they're not really lasting lately.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I run outside, and I use an armband for my iPhone and forget the headphones. I can hear the music fine.
  • beverlywu
    beverlywu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Sennheiser PMX 680 headphones. They just rest in your ears and the band goes around the back of your head. Might take a little bit of adjusting where your ponytail goes to avoid it bouncing against the headphone band.

The headphones don't block out all external sound, which is good for safety while running.

I got mine at either a Future Shop or Best Buy. A bit more expensive, but worth the investment.

Happy running!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Earbuds fall out of my small ears ALL THE TIME and because I sweat like crazy when I run, everything falls out. I also wear glasses (blind w/out them) and the earpieces competing with the headphones is an issue for me too.

I bought these earphones, and they work best for me -- Sony Active Style Headphones with soft loop hangers...they wrap all the way around your ear (comfortably), and hold the earbud in, even when you sweat. And they're not expensive, either, so if you don't like them, no big deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-AS20J-Active-Headphones-Hangers/dp/B0015AHRFK/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326293799&sr=1-5

Good luck!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love my Shure earbuds, and they come with different tips that fit different ears. My favorite are the ones you squish, put in your ear, and they expand to fit the size of your ear. They sound amazing. Mine don't have the microphone, but they do make models with that in there.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/music-mobile/index.htm

They are not cheap, but they have great sound, and never fall out of my ears when running. Good luck!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Sennheiser PMX 680 headphones. They just rest in your ears and the band goes around the back of your head. Might take a little bit of adjusting where your ponytail goes to avoid it bouncing against the headphone band.

The headphones don't block out all external sound, which is good for safety while running.

I got mine at either a Future Shop or Best Buy. A bit more expensive, but worth the investment.

Happy running!

Another vote for Sennheisers. I haven't yet tried the PMX 680 (OP: You'd want the 680i model, as it's designed with the on-cable controls for the iPhone). They actually have 2 models...one is more expensive and goes into the ear canal, the other fit just outside. I've been using that type of Sennheiser earbud for years...I found nothing else that fit my ears. And Sennheisers are bombproof. When the earbuds would get funky from sweat (I've had the older MX 75 and 85 models) I would soak them in hot, soapy water...never had them short or stop working.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I use the skull candy ones too and I love them.
  • Kriszti29
    Options
    Wow!

Thanks Everyone!

I took all the notes and will check out every suggestion one by one!

Fantastic help!

Thanks again!!!

P.s.: I'm still reporting back on my findings later - to conclude my quest and to pay forward the kindness. :flowerforyou:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I buy the iFrogz at Walmart... They are 10 bucks and sound great, fit great, and I sweat alot during cardio and they still work great.. Have had the same pair for about a year now with no issues.......
  • hevspade
    Options
    philips headphones, 30 quid from hmv they go around the ear and have a red adjuster they always stay in best buy!
  • Kriszti29
    Options
    So the results are.... insert drum roll here, please....

Yurbuds Ironman Inspire Pro (with Dry Mic, due to my iPhone)

Thank you Dean513 for the suggestion.

I can honestly say I went through all of your suggestions - looked at the products, reviews, running forums, etc. and this was a clear winner, no hesitation or second thoughts what so ever. And the price is great too: around £40 (or $60).

Seriously, if you are struggling finding the perfect stay-in earphones check these guys out at yurbuds.com (no advert intended, I'm not any way affiliated with them I just really like their product)