What's the truth? How often to exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have memberships at both Jazzercise and a "full-service" gym.
    I mostly go Monday through Thursday to Jazzercise straight from work.
    Fridays I go to the gym.
    Sat. is Jazzercise and the gym for weights.
    Sunday is walk around Bass Lake, just over 3 miles and go to the gym to use the pool and maybe lift weights.
    Every day I practice Tai Chi, Yang Style Long Form.
    I'll be 62 in June and when I retire I hope to start adding yoga lessons into the mix and outdoor cycling.
    Variety is very important to me. Once in a while I actually take a day off and do nothing, usually on a rainy day because I hate getting my gym shoes wet.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Never. I'm the person who buys a gym membership and never goes. I eat right. If I do something considered exercise it's a plus, but not likely.

have you been losing weight?
    Lost all I wanted and have been keeping it off for almost a year. At 55 it's not an easy task. The older you get the less cals. you need a day to begin with. It's all about eating healthy for me. I am active I just don't do any form of formal exercise. I wish I had the motivation but I just don't.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Strength training MWF. Cardio M - Thurs and Sun. Saturday is my full day off now that I've started a weight training program. When you're lifting, you're definitely required to take some days off in between.
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Excellent information - thanks for all your input, everybody!!