NUTella vs. NUtella

Options

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Either way.....I don't understand what is so fabulous about it. :noway: I know.......UNPOPULAR opinion.

i actually agree with you.. but i think it's the love for chocolate the the world has. i am not a huge fan of sweets, so NUT-ELLA ;) is not my go to spread.. i just had it with my oats so thats why i had it on the brain :tongue:
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I call it AWESOME!

But it's NU tella. My French teacher told me so when I had an awesome metabolism and could slather it on french bread by the pound (many, many moons ago!).
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    tah-may-toe, tah-mah-toe.

new-tella.
  • thecanface
    Options
    Nuh-tella.
    yes. you know whats up!!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I say NA-tella... I'm sure I'm the only one who pronounces it this way though!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

and the fun has been sucked out =/

is that part of the production process, how do they do that exactly and why, are there extra calories in the 'fun' ?

Happy people gain weight.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't say it... I just eat it!

Actually... to be perfectly honest... I buy the Kroger brand 'Chocolate Hazelnut Spread' - because it comes in CHUNKY with little bits of hazelnut... and it's way cheaper than the name brand. (and even has 10 fewer calories per tablespoon)

Quit talking dirty to me. You're turning me on while I'm at work!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Nutella, manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero, was introduced on the market in 1963. The recipe was developed from an earlier Ferrero spread released in 1944. Nutella is now sold in over 75 countries.[2]

I love it on a spoon.....and tend to have too many spoons full so I simply can't keep this stuff in the house :-)
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I say Nutella... the french way... because i'm french ! ;)
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    I say NU-tella because that's the proper way to say it - it's a european concoction and they pronounce certain words differently than Americans.

I'm from the UK and everyone I know pronounces it 'nuh-tella' :oP
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm english and I call it NUTella. But my french family call it NUtella. TBH i dont care whats its called, i just eat it!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, but my wife and daughter's swear by it. When I open the cupboard I reach past it and grab the Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter.

I used to eat peanutbutter and Nutella sandwiches. SO much better than jelly. I'm German, and grew up on Nutella on toast. I think over the years i have found ways to add it to just about anything lol. I treat myself to a small spoonful every now and then. I don't think i'd be able to give it up completely..well i -could- but it ain't happening!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I dont say it I moan with pleasure when I eat it YUM!
  • thecanface
    Options
    Nutella, manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero, was introduced on the market in 1963. The recipe was developed from an earlier Ferrero spread released in 1944. Nutella is now sold in over 75 countries.[2]

I love it on a spoon.....and tend to have too many spoons full so I simply can't keep this stuff in the house :-)

thank you wikipedia!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I use Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams instead.

this

anyone who has not tried it, MUST!

Not as sweet as Nutella and better for you.
  • thecanface
    Options
    I dont say it I moan with pleasure when I eat it YUM!

ayy!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Either way.....I don't understand what is so fabulous about it. :noway: I know.......UNPOPULAR opinion.

I'm with you! I'd rather eat candy or ice cream if I want sweets. The first ingredient listed is sugar! There is more sugar in it than nuts!
  • SammaBread
    SammaBread Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter (available at whole foods) is all natural, no hydrogenated oil, dairy/gluten free and tastes delicious :) you can even see the ground up hazelnuts!

Nutella is awesome too, just a head's up for anyone with dietary/health restrictions there is a Nutella-like substance out there ;D
  • thecanface
    Options
    I say NU-tella because that's the proper way to say it - it's a european concoction and they pronounce certain words differently than Americans.

I'm from the UK and everyone I know pronounces it 'nuh-tella' :oP

you are now officially my fave!

FUN HAS BEEN SPIT BACK INTO THE THREAD!

*undo fist shake at Europe*
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I thought it was Italian because of the hazelnuts??? However its pronounced, its great!
    You are correct...founded by Ferraro Co...in Italy.