NUTella vs. NUtella

Options

Replies

• plhforlife
    plhforlife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Actually it's neither of those. The correct way to pronounce it is 'the devil's spread that's so frickin delicious that you have to be physically separated from it in order to stop eating it' :D
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I say "Nuh-tell-ah" or "get-in-my-damned-mouth"
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Nutella, manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero, was introduced on the market in 1963. The recipe was developed from an earlier Ferrero spread released in 1944. Nutella is now sold in over 75 countries.[2]

I love it on a spoon.....and tend to have too many spoons full so I simply can't keep this stuff in the house :-)
    So, is that company ITalian or EYE-talian...:laugh: :laugh:
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    too much sugar.. too much fat.. count it only as a 'cheat' lol NU-TELLA!!!!! (:
  • bluejuiseritsma
    bluejuiseritsma Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I say NU-tella. It's easier to say than NUTella.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    It doesn't matter how you say it, it is FABULOUS on graham crackers!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Don't know, too busy eating it. =)

ditto. but when i *do* pronounce it, i sadly americanize it with "nuh-TEH-lah."
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    its pronounced new-tella. when in doubt, listen to the pronunciation in the commercials! it only makes sense that a company would want their product pronounced rigth in their ads, so i'm pretty sure its correct.
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut spread is a good healthy substitute :)
    180 cal/2tbsp, but it's not super sugary like Nutella (whose main ingredient is sugar :o)
    ~takes a little adjustment though because it's got taste-able sea salt in it

OH & I pronounce it NUtella, have since I was a kid..I've only ever heard NUTella like twice
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    In my house we call it "the other peanut butter" or "the weird peanut butter", as in "Hey I'm making you a sammich, d'you want regular or weird peanut butter?"
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nuh-tella.

^^ Yep. She got it right :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Nuh-tella.

^^ Yep. She got it right :)

So the people in the NEW-tella commercials don't know how to pronounce the name of the product they're trying to sell? ;-)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Their web site says "new-tell-uh". You can pronounce it however you want, but the correct way is not really up for debate.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My jar says Justin's...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It annoys the heck out of me when people say "NEW-tella." The reason being exactly what you said in your opening statement.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It annoys the heck out of me when people say "NEW-tella." The reason being exactly what you said in your opening statement.
    It is the correct way though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Indeed...

nutella.jpg
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

That may be so, but it still sounds incorrect to me. Same as when people call a tomato a "tom-ah-toe." (Don't know if that's written right, but you get the gist.)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's NEW-tella. It's not an English word, it's an Italian word.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I say NU-tella because that's the proper way to say it - it's a european concoction and they pronounce certain words differently than Americans.

This made me LOL, first of all, there are 50 countries in Europe, and over 200 languages spoken in Europe, so then is NU-tella pronounced the same in all these languages?

Anyway, I'm from Ireland, and we pronounce it Nut-ella, because that's the way it's pronounced. Durrrr, it's made from NUTS