What do you eat when you're really hungry?

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Anything I want. I can't stand being in starvation mode!
    Just flip your switch back to 'sated mode'. You're welcome! :drinker:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Like if you waited too long to eat and you're in starvation mode and you just KNOW your body is gonna store whatever you put in your mouth..?

How long is to long? Because your body does not go into starvation mode from skipping breakfast and lunch
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Meat.
  • killagb
    Options
    I like to chew my own toenails when I get that hungry.
    That's a much nicer option than chewing someone else's toenails.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Boogers
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I tend to just opt for something on the edible side, instead of my usual HotWheels or Barbie doll heads.
  • jblubird
    jblubird Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bake half of a sweet potato (sliced again in half) with a little olive oil and a tiny bit of salt and pepper and that really fills me up. You can bake them ahead of time and keep 'em in the fridge they are good cold, too. Like another person said, oatmeal is the most filling thing ever! Also, Greek Yogurt always fills me up with a huge glass of water.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Seriously watch out for starvation mode! I hits you fast!

I know. I totally can't eat all my calories today. I just wasn't hungry at lunch. Could I be in starvation mode?

Yes you can be!
  • skaupanger
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful answers! I think I'll skip the Barbie heads and Toenails for now.. But I did eat a handful of nuts. a couple slices of Turkey lunchmeat and a Tomato. :smile:
    As far as the debate on how soon your body can go into starvation mode, I don't know. It's just my own personal rule that I don't let myself get really really hungry (ie not eating for 12 hours or more) because I think my body will store the food I'm putting in it. I'm sure real starvation mode is like DAYS without food and then your body will eat all your fat stores and eventually your muscle and you'll get weaker and weaker and eventually die. But I'm trying to lose weight (aren't we all!) and already taking in my minimum amount of calories so I try not to get into my own personal starvation mode.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Seriously watch out for starvation mode! I hits you fast!

I know. I totally can't eat all my calories today. I just wasn't hungry at lunch. Could I be in starvation mode?

Yes you can be!

Yes, totally. Like, anything you eat now will just make you gain weight so, like, you totally should not eat anything. Ever.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    edamame is really filling...
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Like if you waited too long to eat and you're in starvation mode and you just KNOW your body is gonna store whatever you put in your mouth..?
    "Starvation mode" is not common and is not the same as "being really really hungry". You certainly aren't going to enter starvation mode by 10 am.

Oh I agree.

On that note, I also agree with the suggestion to eat some nuts, or an apple with cheese or peanut butter.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Man, trolls are coming out of the woodwork!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Boiled EGGS! yummy!
  • JenGrape
    JenGrape Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I steam some veggies and have a cup of those.... then move on to the higher calorie stuff. That way I get the fiber in as well as not overeat on things I shouldn't.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I read this as ManTrolls LOL
  • killagb
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful answers! I think I'll skip the Barbie heads and Toenails for now.. But I did eat a handful of nuts. a couple slices of Turkey lunchmeat and a Tomato. :smile:
    As far as the debate on how soon your body can go into starvation mode, I don't know. It's just my own personal rule that I don't let myself get really really hungry (ie not eating for 12 hours or more) because I think my body will store the food I'm putting in it. I'm sure real starvation mode is like DAYS without food and then your body will eat all your fat stores and eventually your muscle and you'll get weaker and weaker and eventually die. But I'm trying to lose weight (aren't we all!) and already taking in my minimum amount of calories so I try not to get into my own personal starvation mode.
    Many people do intermittent fasting with good results, this involves not eating for 16 hours, then eating your calories in an 8 hour window. No starvation mode involved with that.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of hard boilled eggs in vinegar in the fridge. It's great if your in a hurry.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Trolls don't come out of woodwork; they come from under bridges, and troll bridges are often built over rivers of caca.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I drink 16oz of water and then decied if i am still hungry