Looking for working moms to add :D

Options

Replies

• Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi

Please feel free to add me, I would love to get in touch with other Mum's who are facing similar challenges to myself.

I am a full time working Mum. I have two children aged 11 & 12 and my husband works rotating shift work!

I wake at 5 am in the morning to exercise before I get the children up for school as I find this is the only time for me! Afternoons are too crasy between riding horses and doing taxi runs to other sports (also have a type 1 diebetic child who needs to eat a specific times).

My aim is to increase my fitness and loose weight. I have been on this journey for over 9 weeks now and nothing much is happening due to the fact I hired myself in a PT who put me on the horendous high protein diet which helped increase my weight, it was so motiviating not!!

I have since been to see a qualified dietician and hopefully back on track. I have a new PT, I have just purchased myself a cross trainer and so far going great guns.

Approx. 10 years ago I lost 20 kilos easily in 16 weeks with Weight Watchers. The weight has been increasing over time and I never thought anything of it as it was so easy to loose the first time! This time I am spending alot more time and effort tracking and exercising. It's definately more of an emotional journey this time around!

Thanks again for your time, I wish you luck with your challenge
    Regards
    Tracie
    I so admire people that can wake up at 5 to work out!! I've tried this, but I just love sleeping too much! Good for you =)
  • Cathy000
    Cathy000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free top add me too. 47 year old working mom.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello! i have a 3 year old and work full time! would love to chat to other mums too. friend request on the way.

I tend to workout in the evenings when my daughter is in bed- so either running/zumba/dvds. during the weekend she likes to 'join in'! lol! she will jump in whilst im doing my dvd for like a minute, get bored and start playing around me. So i still get to workout and enjoy spending time with her. ALso going to the park can be fun too, take a ball play in the fields etc. anything that gets you moving is great for you.
  • Sthiara18
    Sthiara18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 26 and I work full time and have a 2 year old and I still manage to workout 5 -6 days a week, its very hard to do but I still try my best. My husband doesn't get home till 2 hours after I do so most of the time I have to workout while trying to take care of my daughter also.
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I sleep 9:00-3:15AM, hit the gym 3:30AM-5:15 then off to work (special ed teacher full time) by 6:00 AM and off to get my 2 year old at 3:30 PM!

I was able to train for a marathon and run it in 3:05 so you can do it! As soon as it become part of your daily routine it feels better
  • wpgmom
    wpgmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I work full time and have 2 kids, 11 & 14. I would love to join a working moms group. I am new (yesterday) if I can figure out how to do it, I will try to start a Topic just for working moms.:flowerforyou:
  • lmgrill
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 38, a working mom with three boys.

lmgrill
  • slmckay79
    Options
    I'm too am a full time working mom. I have a 2 & 5 year old. My hubby and I work opposite shifts so we don't have our kids in day care so I'm a single parent during the work week. Fitting in working outs is one of the biggest challenges I have in a day. I would be happy to be part of a mom's group. I just started the 30 day Shred. On day 3. I also try to jog min a 1 mile a day on the treadmill.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 32, a FT working mom with 2 and 3.5 years old. Feel free to add me.
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm a 35 year old working mom with an 18 month daughter. I sent you a friend request.
  • AWyatt88
    AWyatt88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 23 year old mom of a 4 year old son, I am currently unemployed, but I am a full time student and a military wife so I have my struggles. I am just trying to find support and be supportive for others :)
  • Winnetka75
    Winnetka75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to. I'm a 36 year old mom of two: age 8 and 4. I'm out of the house 12 hours a day, so mid-week the best time for me to work out is late at night. It's a definite drag, but the only thing that seems to be working for me.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm 29 yrs old and Mommy to a 5 yr old boy. I work full time as a buyer for a small company and my days are always RUSHED beyond words! It's overwhelming at times and I'm actually pretty tired since I started working out. But...I'm determined!

Granted everyone has different schedules but I wake up at 5 am to do my 20 min workout DVD. I have to leave the house no later than 7:30 to get my son dropped off at preschool. Work from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Pick him up from daycare around 5:30 pm and then we go home and play football. If my husband is home then I'll go for my 2 mile walk but he sometimes works late so usually I just stick with my DVD.

It's tough. I feel like I'm always rushing to get stuff done and keep my son on schedule. Sometimes I slip up but hey, I'm human! :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • gilream1
    gilream1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm new to MFP but am a similar situation as you. I am a full time working mother of 2 young children (2 yr old son and 6 yr old daughter). My motivation is to start having more energy for my husband and kids. So far, so good. Surround yourself with positivity... people, quotes, spiritual motivation and I know you will reach your goals. Strive for PROGRESS not PERFECTION!
  • rosecook425
    rosecook425 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im a working mom of a 12 yr old tween. Its a challenge to make it all work somedays but Im in it for the good and bad. I try to get to the gym right after work before I get side tracked for one reason or another.

Feel free to add me
  • dreamer1003
    dreamer1003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Working mom - though lucky enough to work 27 hours over 3 days. I have an very supportive husband so it really helps me have NO excuses when it comes to working out!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!!!

I'm a 36 year old working mom of a 5 1/2 (almost 6) year old boy and an almost 21 month old girl. I'm lucky that I work in a school so I get out usually by 3:30 or 4 pm and then I go to the gym before I pick up the kiddos. But before I started at the gym I would go home and do DVDs or use my elliptical (I'm trying to stop it from being a coat rack!!).

I totally get how hard it is. My husband travels sporadically and so I do the single parent thing sometimes for a week at a time so I know how stressful working motherhood is!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Any of you working moms can add me as well if you'd like to! I'm mom to a 14 month old boy and work 40 hours a week. I usually work out around 7 after my son goes to bed.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I have learned that it is much easier to get to the gym after everyone is in bed!

Yes but where do you get the energy!!!?? LOL I added you because I have a three year old and I work full time, im the sole provider in my house so finding time for me is hard! Welcome and congrats on making a step towards over all health!!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I am a working mom although my 3 boys are all out of the house now. I have a 5 mo old grandbaby and I am 42....