UK friends wanted

Options
Hi I'm Donna *waving* !!

I'm 30, married, with a 3 year old daughter and live in Tyne and Wear (north east England)

I've just restarted my mfp journey in the last few days after 6 months off. During that time I managed to put the weight back that I'd lost AND THEN SOME!!! My starting weight this time round was half a stone more than the last time. Sob :((

This time I'm more motivated. I've got my first foreign holiday for the first time in 5 years coming up this summer and I'd like to shift some weight before then (we're going with my in-laws and my MIL is a right skinny minnie. Next to her I'm gonna look like a beached whale in my bathing costume!)

I've also started attending my works gym. I don't go much (3 times a week for an hour) but its more than I've done in years.

I want to talk to other people from the UK who like me, tend to need a helping hand and some moral support when they start to struggle and I LUUUUUUUUURVVVVVVVVVVEEEE my food so its always a battle with me.

I've been doing the slimfast diet (loosely) and I think thats helped. I was worried I'd feel hungry but that hasn't been a problem so far.

If you'd like to add my as a friend that'd be great!!!

Donna.xx

Replies

• dtiapril
    Options
    I'm 28, uK. No kids, but love foooood!
  • Barbaras44
    Barbaras44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm UK from the other side of England - west coast of Cumbria. I'm a returned but I haven't put it all back on - in fact most of it has gone back on this past few week, Was going to the gym 2/3 times a week but lapsed beginning of November & struggling with motivation. Started to diet yesterday so trying to summon up the courage to go back to the gym next week :) Feel free to add me as a friend
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm from the uk feel free to ad me :) *waves back*
  • AmyVix
    AmyVix Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm from Burnley in Lancashire.
    This is my second time here as well. I lost just under a stone on here last year and then stopped due to a problem with my back. I've managed to keep it off and maintain, however like you, I'm now back with a vengeance and ready to get that weight off.
    Friend request has been sent and I wish you all the best for your MFP journey xx
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm from UK, South East. I'm 24 and have a 6 year old daughter. I'm getting married in July, and put 3lbs on over Xmas - so i'm so desperate this time around!! My problem is also my love of food, but i'm starting to find ways for alternatives to the fattier favourites..... I have around 30lbs to shift by July, thats around 1-1 1/2 lbs a week....fingers crossed!!

Good luck guys, and feel free to add me :-) xx
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello! You an add me too if you like, I'm from drizzly Manchester :)
  • xxxhodgexxx
    xxxhodgexxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    From a very cold Chelmsford. I started the old diet this week and actually put ON a pound. Mind you, that might have been because I've been out 4 times. I thought it was supposed to cool down after Christmas. I WILL lose next week - I will, I will, I will. Just done my measurements and my thigh is bigger than Victoria Beckham's waist. Surely that's not normal? But don't know which - her waist, or my thigh????

Big hugs

Sarah

(http://www.fortyforty.co.uk/#/blog/4559231165)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello, feel free to add me! always looking for more people who understand stones! lol
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I live in West Sussex and have 5 stone to lose! x
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, also from north east :-) :-)
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna,

Welcome back and well done so far! It's true it's good to have some MFP pals who measure in lbs and stones and know what stuff you're putting in your diary!

I'm based in London, feel free to add me. x

That goes for anyone else in the UK! Add me all you like! xx
  • princesshebrew
    princesshebrew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, from the Midlands and have similar goals to you, so feel free to add me. It is always great to be able to motivate each other!
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!

Please feel free to add me!!!

I am from glasgow!

and I know what it feels like to lose weight and put it back on again and then some!!!

We have done it once we can do it again heehee

Natalie xx

14696887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Tom from South Wales here.... Feel free to add me. ;-)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Karen from South Wales.

43 yr old mum of 3 (18yr old son, and 7yr old twins)
    Used to be fit, ran a few times a week, played badminton, went to gym and classes, and can honestly say I've not done any eercise for a few years so now I need to find the fit person hiding under the blubber.

I have been doing this for one week - I'm 5ft and 13st 1lb, so need to get rid of a lot, but will take it a week at a time - it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)
  • trina107
    Options
    Hiya!

Trina, from County Durham but living in North Yorkshire. Add me :0)

Newbie too :smile:
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    Hi all I'm from Northumberland! Please feel free to add me
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hello im from London, also re starting a weight loss journey this year and wanna look super sexy for summer hehehe, and i've have a tin of slim fast in my cupboard for...oh...i dont know 3 months now, i just cant stick to it! it does taste good though....anyway i will add you and good luck on your journey
  • celidar
    celidar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Im from Kent and work in London, please feel free to add me.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Nottingham, Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Have a good day.
    I'm just off to the gym see you soon!!