MFP and Face Book friends

Options
monih10
monih10 Posts: 578 Member
Just wondering what others think about having MFP friends added to your Face Book friends list? I have a couple I was thinking of adding to my FB friends list, but am still undecided and wondered what others thought of the idea!!

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/anthony.calvert6183

Im very social. Anyone can add me.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    LMAO I knew Anthony'd be all over this! He's my only friend on both sites! (so far lol)
  • calvert6183
    Options
    LMAO I knew Anthony'd be all over this! He's my only friend on both sites! (so far lol)

Its because im awesome. lol. Girl dont make me come over there. You know I can take you.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I haven't added anyone from mfp to facebook but I'm not opposed to the idea either.
  • CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    Just wondering what others think about having MFP friends added to your Face Book friends list? I have a couple I was thinking of adding to my FB friends list, but am still undecided and wondered what others thought of the idea!!

I would say go for it if you have known them for awhile and have been supporting each other. Otherwise, I just don't like to add everyone to my Facebook.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I have friends on both, its a great idea.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i have a few mfp friends on fb. nothing wrong with tht
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001003491135

This is my work/sweepstakes/fitness Facebook. I deleted the other one, and I don't read other people's much.
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Its because im awesome. lol. Girl dont make me come over there. You know I can take you.

Funny guy! Cracked me up.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If you have become friends/chat regularly then what is the issue?

At the end of the day, it's your account, you can add who you want.

I haven't personally but that's more to do with my FB being dormant.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the MFP boards. Saw this one and had to post...seeing as I'm addicted to Facebook and all. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I was a longtime member on a different forum site and had many of the girls as my friends. Still do actually. I'd rather get to know people first here and then add them though.

PS Hi...I'm Mel :-) feel free to add or message me. I'm a super positive person so if you need some motivation or just need someone to tell you that you look pretty, I'm your gal ;)
  • monih10
    Options
    Lol....uh oh Jill.....are you shaking in your boots yet??? Don't make Anthony go over there!!!

[/quote]
  • monih10
    Options
    :smile: I figured a lot of ppl wouldn't be opposed to the idea...just thought I would ask!! And...I totally agree with you, Mel!
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    I'll pretty much talk to/add anyone (unless I knew you, say, in HS or banged you or whatever).

http://facebook.com/i.am.too.much
  • calvert6183
    Options
    Lol....uh oh Jill.....are you shaking in your boots yet??? Don't make Anthony go over there!!!

[/quote]

She is so shaking in her boots. Its my rugged intimidating looks. lol
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Not on FB, but if i ever get there, the first people i'll have as friends will be my peeps!
  • mos1971
    mos1971 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I came of face book when i started on here people are more friendly
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I came of face book when i started on here people are more friendly

Agreed.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm really particular about my facebook friends list. I make a point to only add people that I actually know and like. A small percentage of my facebook friends are people I only know online, but those are people that I've known online for many years. If I get a FB request and I'm not sure if I know that person, I deny it. That being said, my FB friends list is a little over 100 people. But that is 100 people that I truely care about and want to know what is going on in their lives. And that is 100 people that I feel comfortable sharing what is going on in my life. My facebook profile is as private as I can make it and you can only find me if you know my full real name.

I treat MFP differently. I accept all friend requests. I also add people that I find interesting or funny. I don't treat MFP as personally as I do FB. I came to this site not knowing anyone. The only way I've gotten to know them is by accepting their friend requests or making my own friend requests and interacting with them.

There are a few people from MFP that I've gotten to know really well and that I would feel comfortable adding to FB. But I certainly would not add anyone I don't know and like a whole lot.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yeap I have a few of my closest MFP friends on facebook.