The Worst Has Happened in UK

Options
PrincessLou71186
PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
La Senza has closed down ladies!!!!

Not just the stores either but online!

Where am I going to get my lingerie and jimmies from now?

I know there are other stores but La Senza was my friend, I was known personally in there and the knew the staff personally too.

:cry: :brokenheart: :cry: :noway:

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    bridgetjones2t.jpg
    decisions, decisions!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If I ever wear panties like that I think I will shoot myself. Lol.
  • bsalis76
    Options
    But they are so unpretentious and authentic.
  • cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ann summers, marks and spencer, topshop, dorothy perkins!!! they all do lovely stuff and usually cheaper than la senza!!! and if all else fails there is always bridget jones big pants above hahaha
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    Sign of the times im affraid :frown:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    La Senza were rubbish! They didn't even sell my size.

Bravissimo FTW!
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Bravissimo FTW!

Was just about to suggest Bravissimo. I never got on with La Senza either ... my bra size was always on sale in black/white/cream ... never the lively colours that other sizes get. :smile:
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow...I knew they were in trouble but I though they were on a bail out.

M&S every time for me...bar once or twice.
  • Gianna5587
    Gianna5587 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Disaster... It's the only place I can buy bras! Is the website gone already?? I need to order a lifetime supply!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    M&S and house of fraiser and debenhams usually has a good underwear department at about the same price range as la senza I think. Also I think they do free bra sizings which is great because I REALLY need to get round to going and doing that.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Try figleaves.com, all sorts of styles and sizes to suit all budgets.
  • fteale
    Options
    Debenhams are really good if you have a 30 plus back. No good for me as they don't stock 28s at all, but for most people there's a huge range.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Guh I know how you feel, I was gutted when I heard that they were shutting down. I know that people are suggesting other (good) places to get underwear, it's not underwear I'm worried about it's bras. I have an impossible bra size (tiny ribs huge tatas) and La Senza were the only place (includign anne summer, topshop, m&s etc) that actually stocked my size, and if they didn't have it they'd order it in for me. The only other "local" shop I can now get bra's from is an hour drive from where I live =_= Looks like I'm going to have to take up internet shopping for them.
  • Nuclear_Synthesis
    Options
    Oh no =( this is not good. I love la senza
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've never found anything that fits or is flattering in LS, or indeed M&S (excpet knickers, obviously!). I rely on my local department store where expert ladies size me by sight and bring my dozens of bras to try to my specifications!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    BBC website suggests they have been bought and 60 stores will still remain so you might be in luck. Otherwise M&S or bravissimo are the way to go
  • angevee
    angevee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    brastop.co.uk are great. Good selection and prices :)
  • fteale
    Options
    Guh I know how you feel, I was gutted when I heard that they were shutting down. I know that people are suggesting other (good) places to get underwear, it's not underwear I'm worried about it's bras. I have an impossible bra size (tiny ribs huge tatas) and La Senza were the only place (includign anne summer, topshop, m&s etc) that actually stocked my size, and if they didn't have it they'd order it in for me. The only other "local" shop I can now get bra's from is an hour drive from where I live =_= Looks like I'm going to have to take up internet shopping for them.

Honestly, I am a 28 FF so I know all about that problem. La Senza didn't do anything that fitted me for this reason. Bravissimo and Bra Stop both do a massive range of sizes, from 28-38 back and D-H in cup size.
  • katcj
    katcj Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like M&S and BHS....... have never used Bravissimo but I did look on the website once and they have some nice stuff. I like to go and try them on though and hate having to return mail order clothes so I'd rather go in store somewhere. Even though I know my size, I find that a lot of bras either don't give me enough support or else they make me look as though I have four breasts..... nice look..... not!
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Bravissimo FTW!