The Worst Has Happened in UK

Options

Replies

• CarolineT82
    Options
    I don't think they have quite closed yet - my local one just has "closing down" signs in the window - I went in at the weekend and stocked up.....all in the sale too!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    simply yours are good - online only, but really big range.
    and yes to figleaves.

I'm getting so sad at all the closing shops. We've got to dig out of this hole soon. Thorntons closed on our high street last week. (They're shutting branches all over the place.)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Debenhams I love - both instore and online. :-)
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    La Senza bras always really hurt me even after i got measured several times, i must have a strange shaped body, the bras always dug in under my arms and made me bleed :( i will miss La Senza though because i LOVE the pjs they sell in there.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I go to Boux Avenue now - they have a fab range and good sizes
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    M&S everytime. But I am a regular size (36D) so maybe that makes a difference. I didn't like the range at La Senza, when I went in just before Christmas they had loads of dowdy black/white and cream, and loads of OTT burlesque-y stuff but nothing in the middle - pretty but functional that I wanted. I did like their 'jamas though and got 2 lovely sets for Christmas!
  • TyneeKitty
    Options
    great where am i meant to take my recalled meercat heaty thing now
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    M&S everytime. But I am a regular size (36D) so maybe that makes a difference. I didn't like the range at La Senza, when I went in just before Christmas they had loads of dowdy black/white and cream, and loads of OTT burlesque-y stuff but nothing in the middle - pretty but functional that I wanted. I did like their 'jamas though and got 2 lovely sets for Christmas!

It definitely helps being a regular size. M&S is hopeless for me.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    I am going there lunch time to stock up on some kecks and slippers
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great.. NOT! I'm a 32E and I could never find anywhere that stocked my size apart from La Senza. Also the other shops are generally either very overpriced, or not as pretty as La Senza. I'm seriously so annoyed, hopefully after I lose weight I'll be down to a regular bra size so I can buy from Asda hahah!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Great.. NOT! I'm a 32E and I could never find anywhere that stocked my size apart from La Senza. Also the other shops are generally either very overpriced, or not as pretty as La Senza. I'm seriously so annoyed, hopefully after I lose weight I'll be down to a regular bra size so I can buy from Asda hahah!

32E!!! If I had a chest that good, I wouldn't wear a bra or a top! :-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Do you know when they are actually closing the stores? I have a gift voucher I still need to use there.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Poo, I bought a really good bra from there a couple of weeks ago! :|
  • fteale
    Options

32E!!! If I had a chest that good, I wouldn't wear a bra or a top! :-)

I was going to say! I haven't been a 32E since I was 18. If only! Try being a 28FF sometime!

Debenhams do loads in a 32 E, as does John Lewis. Check them out. There are currently hundreds in that size on Brastop too. It's not that unusual a size.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

definitely look at the online sellers mentioned. simplyyours certainly do that size. as others have said, it's not that unusual. (and actually my local asda do, in fact, stock a 32 E)

I, on the other hand, have some trouble finding homes for my GG / H cups. :-)
  • fteale
    Options

definitely look at the online sellers mentioned. simplyyours certainly do that size. as others have said, it's not that unusual. (and actually my local asda do, in fact, stock a 32 E)

I, on the other hand, have some trouble finding homes for my GG / H cups. :-)

I feel your pain! I was a 32JJ at one point after having my first baby, and a 30HH after my second. It was pretty much impossible to buy anything that fitted at all. I mostly lived in a dressing gown for the first 7 months of both their lives!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Both stores in Belfast closed down on Sunday 8th January. I have been on the website and the message is:

"La Senza Ltd in administration ("the Company")
    Joint administrators - David Standish, Richard Fleming and Rob Croxen

David Standish, Richard Fleming and Rob Croxen were appointed joint administrators of the
    Company on 9 January 2012.

Following their appointment the administrators sold 60 stores to Alshaya UK Limited. The
    remainder of the stores have closed and the internet business has ceased operating
    immediately upon the administrators' appointment.

The administrators are using their reasonable endeavours to send out all internet orders which
    had already been processed and packaged, however all orders not processed at appointment
    cannot be fulfilled and therefore will be cancelled and no funds taken from customers.

If you have any outstanding returns that have not been refunded or replaced at the date of
    administration, in accordance with the insolvency legislation, you will need to make an
    unsecured creditor claim in the administration.

If you consider you have an unsecured creditor claim against the Company please send details
    of your claim to the following address:

La Senza Ltd in administration
    C/o KPMG LLP
    Arlington Business Park
    Theale
    Reading
    RG7 4SD

David Standish, Robert Croxen and Richard Fleming were appointed Joint Administrators of La Senza Limited, La Senza
    Europe Limited, Contessa (Ladieswear) Limited and Keppelington Limited on 9 January 2012.

The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the joint administrators. The joint administrators act as
    agents of the company without personal liability.

Richard Fleming and David Standish are authorised to act as insolvency practitioners by the Insolvency Practitioners Association
    Robert Croxen is authorised to act as an insolvency practitioner by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales"

I know there are other places but I have always shopped in La Senza for my lingerie ever since I can remember.

Also, they were the only place I could find that sold PJ's in my leg length (34in inside) that didn't shrink in the wash.

I'm a 38E so I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to purchase them elsewhere.

I also received loads of gift vouchers for there for Christmas. I feel bad for the people that bought them for me. Total waste of money.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cant say I rated them all that much recently. They used to be good but have gone down hill in quality I'd thought. Not that I wear them, but the bra's felt scratchy.

That said, I've never had to shop for a bra larger than 36DD, so I wasn't aware they were good for a full range of sizes. I quite like the smaller boutiques myself and M&S and Debenhams can have quite nice looking sets now and again.
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    The La Senza at White Rose shopping centre in Leeds was still open last week when i went past. Might be worth ringing round to see if there's one still open near you if you have vouchers/returns or a desperate need to stock up!
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I didn't realise they had actually shut down the website now :(

I might cry!