I HATE GIRLS!!!! They are soooo mean!

Options
13»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl and I know a lot of other girls and none of us would ever do either of those things.

Thanks for generalizing, though.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about two things.

1) Since when does one person represent an entire gender?

2) Why is MFP the appropriate place to discuss this?
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    im fairly sure i read the origional post on a thread that was created in bodybuilding.com it seems extremely familiar. However i would like to add that any post put up on the misc in bb.com is more than likely to be almost entirely fictional
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Even though that girl shouldn't have responded that way, you shouldn't make generalizations like "I hate girls" because of it. It's sexist and just as offensive as the screenshot you complained about being used as humor.

Even though I'm a female and I'm sexist against my own sex... It was simply an observation I've made from many years of experience and interactions with my sex. I was making a statistical generalization (which is all statistical conclusions we use in academia) about the sample I've encountered. I'm sorry if I've offended you... I'm quickly learning you can't please them all :-)

That's exactly right. On a serious note, you did the right thing, haters gonna hate right?
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    im fairly sure i read the origional post on a thread that was created in bodybuilding.com it seems extremely familiar. However i would like to add that any post put up on the misc in bb.com is more than likely to be almost entirely fictional

ahh the misc. u aware? haha
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I'm confused about two things.

1) Since when does one person represent an entire gender?

2) Why is MFP the appropriate place to discuss this?

1) they don't, think she was just venting, not trying to offend, although I can see how it would be offensive

2) it was posted in "Chit-chat, fun, and games" which is pretty much free game in terms of discussion topics
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

ahh the misc. u aware? haha

Aware. Many an hour spent, well spent too. Now lettuce be cereal