ideas for high protein , snack welcome

Options
Hi I am trying to fill up on foods that keep me full for longer - at the mo I am finding hard boiled eggs and tuna useful - does anyone have any ideas for other high protein snacks / meals - they would be very welcome

thanks

Replies

• Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Homemade beef jerky
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, humous, peanut butter, roast soy beans
  • robinkea
    robinkea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i like raw almonds (12-15 of them); hummus and veges; mini Babybell cheese and an apple; yogurt and fruit
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cheese stick. Pistachio nuts.
  • Blaizen
    Blaizen Posts: 16
    Options
    I really like having an apple dipped in greek yogurt. Fills me up every time.
  • jellycat
    Options
    sounds interesting - how do you make that?
  • getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Protein pudding.

Info and how to make it here:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

I am going to try making some for the first time tonight!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Jelly cat do you REALLY need instructions for how to make apple dipped in yoghurt?

Forgive me if I'm missing something - I'd cut an apple into wedges, slice off the pips, get a small pot of greek yoghurt, and dip the slices into the yoghurt.
  • jellycat
    Options
    Apogies it was the beef jerky I was interested in ... Am a techno phobe .... Yr apple sounds delish!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    Jelly cat do you REALLY need instructions for how to make apple dipped in yoghurt?

Forgive me if I'm missing something - I'd cut an apple into wedges, slice off the pips, get a small pot of greek yoghurt, and dip the slices into the yoghurt.
    Snot!
  • musicaljessica
    Options
    Peanut butter with apple chunks
    Crab sticks
    Nuts
    Veggies and houmous
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek Yogurt. They are yummy!!! About 160 cal and 12-14g of protein.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting - how do you make that?

Do you mean the home made beef jerky? I would be interested to know how that's made too!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    beef jerky, hummus, peanut butter (with celery), greek yogurt (sometimes with protein powder)
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    My go-to protein snacks are protein bars, 100% Whey protein shakes, oatmeal, peanut butter, cottage cheese, egg whites, tuna.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Bars. They have 180 to 200 Calories and pack 20 grams of protein per bar and they taste so good!
  • JoanMay
    JoanMay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi Shakes !! They are great for protein and help you get healthy!
  • sunnygal1
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are my favorite too! I subscribe on Amazon to get them delivered automatically for a discounted price. I eat 1-2 a day in between meals. With a full glass of water and a Pure Protein bar, I usually stay full for 2-3 hours.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have made Jamie Eason's pumpkin protein bars, I think they taste pretty good, this makes 24 servings but I cut it into 12 and call it 2 servings each:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html
    It's not a ton of protein, I guess-8 grams for the 2 squares (1/12)
    I also like greek yogurt-chobani is my fave but oikos is good too.
  • lisabee77
    lisabee77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OS Trim Snacks from GNC - they taste like pepperoni but they are ostrich - much leaner.
    Greek yogurt smoothie with protein powder and almond milk
    Cottage cheese and almonds
    Pure protein bars