RANCH DRESSING! HELP

Options
OKAY I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR SOMETHING TO REPLACE MY RANCH DRESSING ON SALADS!! ITS EATING UP ALL MY CALOIRES. GIVE ME SOME IDEAS OF WHAT YOU EAT ON A SALAD.

I HATE HATE HATE FAT FREE RANCH!!

Replies

• staceykoz
    staceykoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Maybe you haven't found a decent fat free ranch? I have never found a fat free ranch dressing that I like, but I use Marzetti's Fat Free Ranch DIP instead of dressing on the side and dip my veggies into it. It might be worth a try.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I use Hidden Valley Ranch light. It has 80 calories for 2 tbsp so it is still on the high side, but less than traditional ranch dressing. I am not a fan of oil/vinegar based dressings so this is my compromise.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Eat the dressing you like just start cutting back. You will learn to like less. I don't put the dressing on my salad. I dip my fork in the dressing and then my salad, that way I always have dressing on my tongue. It works. Never poor out more then 2 tbls.
  • Kakarie
    Kakarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use to mix fat free with the regular and slower reduce the amount of regular until I adjusted. Sometimes its all about tricking and reteaching your taste buds.
  • ckirschenmann
    ckirschenmann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Applie Cider Vinegar with a little seasoning salt and black pepper
  • RosalindaP
    RosalindaP Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the salad spritzers? They have ranch and cesar which are both normally high in calories. Not creamy like normal ranch but it was something that wasn't hard to get used to.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree -- full-fat in moderation! Or, plain greek yogurt with smashed garlic, onion powder, pepper, rice vinegar and sea salt... not quite the same but very good!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Put a smaller amount of the dressing you like on your salad and toss it until all the greens are coated. You'll use a lot less. I was able to used only two tablespoons of dressing the other day and I was able to have a HUGE salad for basically just the calories of the small amount of dressing I used.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Try homemade from the packets.... You can use low cal stuff, but it will taste better because its fresh. Also try cutting the ranch with salsa makes it go farther.
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use the spray ranch on my salad, it took some getting used too, but now I cant stand the taste of regular ranch.
  • tabathaduvall
    tabathaduvall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing the Hidden Valley Ranch Mix packet with fat free sour cream and skim milk. I like it just as well as regular bottled Hidden Valley.
  • oamber0
    oamber0 Posts: 53
    Options
    I use regular old ranch dressing! Its not the ranch that is eating all the calories, It is self control. measure out 1 or 2 tablespoons into a bowl, and dip your salad into the dressing. Not dunk, but a light dip! also try putting real tasty things into your salad, that way you won't need as much dressing. With a fairly large salad, i can usually do this and have dressing to spare.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Like someone else has said, can you scale back? I love salads with ranch. I use 1 sometimes 2 tbsp, which is like 130 Cals but for a huge salad that's not bad!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    ranch-1.jpg
  • eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use Marie's Yogurt Ranch dressing - it's really good.

I also HATE fat free dressing!
  • vdmcgee
    vdmcgee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi you may want to try Hidden Valley light Ranch... its very tasty. I don' t like Fat Free dressing, but I will try lite versions and if you like vinaigrettes you could try Marzetti (Designed for Wendy's) - Pomegranate Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, 1 oz. 55 calories and 3 grams of fat per 1oz serving.
  • jordi05
    Options
    I feel you. I am a ranch addict!! On literally 90% of the foods i eat i have to dip them in some kind of condiment! It wasnt until I started tracking the calories I realized how much of my daily limit i was wasting!! I have switched to hidden valley Light and its actually bearable and I just try to use as small of portions as possible for me. I hope to one day eat this ranch dressing addiction!! :-)
  • sal22408
    Options
    im truly surprised nobody has mentioned Walden Farms dressings! They have 0 everything!!! No Cal, No fat, No carb!!! ...and they dont taste bad!!!! They are a bit watery, but seriously...soooooo worth it and pretty tasty compared to some fat free dressings. Ive tried and liked the ranch, honey dijon, ceasar, and balsamic vinegar. They sell these at Walmart ....i have heard they also sell a no fat, no cal, no carb ketchup, mayo, sauces and dips too but i keep forgetting to look~!

I think you can probably google Walden Farms and find out all of the different flavors and products. Try them!! I was impressed!! I even use the honey dijon when im cooking ...taste yummy on chicken!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    THX FOR THE TIPS EVERYONE! :)