What is for supper?

Options
Don't you feel like you are eating the same thing over and over? I just wondered what you all are having?:drinker:

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    steak w/ peppers and rice today. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/pepper-steak.html Check out Skinnytaste dot com for good healthy meal ideas.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i have some ground beef in the fridge I need to use. So maybe a hotdish or meatballs or something like that. Something easy so I can get to zumba on time.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Supper, or dinner?
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have some ground beef in the fridge I need to use. So maybe a hotdish or meatballs or something like that. Something easy so I can get to zumba on time.

Chili! Super fast and yummy
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Crock pot Santa Fe chicken from skinnytaste.com!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Balsamic glazed cracked pepper salmon and spring mix lettuce. I might make some rice too but haven't decided yet.
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    My philosophy is to eat like a king at breakfast, like a prince at lunch and eat like a poper (spelling?) at dinner...so it is the least amount of cals during the day. BUT I love my spagetti and meatballs...so I came up with this 160 cal dish (super filling and you can add more if you have room for more nutrients and cals).

-1 bag of shirataki noodles = 40 cals (in the tofu, refrigerated section near the veggies..wierd teture for some, but tastes the same as pasta)
    -1/2c sugar free marinara = 30 (I like the To Be Healthy spicy marinara)
    -4 Quorn meatless meatballs = 90 cals (I love my meat, but these rock and they have less of that darn saturated fat!)

It's a medium sized plate full of awesomeness! I like to add a gree salad to this too sometimes.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Chicken Picatta only with yummy Picholine Olives instead of capers. Mmmmmmm, can't wait until tonight!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Balsamic glazed cracked pepper salmon and spring mix lettuce. I might make some rice too but haven't decided yet.

Oh my!! You need to share this recipe!!!

We have praise band practice at church tonight for supper but Salsa chicken for lunch.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be stir fry - lots of veggies & some left over roast pork for protein.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options

Oh my!! You need to share this recipe!!!

We have praise band practice at church tonight for supper but Salsa chicken for lunch.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=575223

Be sure to double check the NI if you make it, I find it differs depending on the type of salmon I use.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Last night was broiled scallop tacos with fruit salsa. Tonight might be a vegetarian rueben or a Thai curry with tofu. We'll see where the winds take me...haha. :)

(And no, I don't feel like I eat the same thing all the time!)
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A bit of a plain dinner tonight.

Baked trout with baby spinach, steamed broccolli, and cherry tomato. Couldn't really find anything to fancy it up with, other than a dash of mixed herbs. :(
  • kirstynoble2212
    kirstynoble2212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thai prawn fish cakes with pea puree and potato wedges :)
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thai prawn fish cakes with pea puree and potato wedges :)

That sounds fantabulous. I have some frozen cod I could use in that....hmmm..!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't you feel like you are eating the same thing over and over? I just wondered what you all are having?:drinker:

I have only remade 1 recipe for dinner in the last month. I never make the same thing over and over. There is no way in heck I could stay happy if I couldn't mix up my meals.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My mom and I are on phase 1 of Atkins, and we found a recipe on the website for waffles for any phase, so waffles, bacon and eggs.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    giant avocado and butter lettuce salad, with candied ginger, pine nuts, walnuts, dill and salmon :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I feel that way I grab one of my cookbooks and try something new :) Tonight is just fajitas but last night was slow cooker peanut-ginger chicken thighs with basmati and peas!
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    My philosophy is to eat like a king at breakfast, like a prince at lunch and eat like a poper (spelling?) at dinner...so it is the least amount of cals during the day. BUT I love my spagetti and meatballs...so I came up with this 160 cal dish (super filling and you can add more if you have room for more nutrients and cals).

-1 bag of shirataki noodles = 40 cals (in the tofu, refrigerated section near the veggies..wierd teture for some, but tastes the same as pasta)
    -1/2c sugar free marinara = 30 (I like the To Be Healthy spicy marinara)
    -4 Quorn meatless meatballs = 90 cals (I love my meat, but these rock and they have less of that darn saturated fat!)

It's a medium sized plate full of awesomeness! I like to add a gree salad to this too sometimes.

Mmmm! Mmmm! - Sounds good!