is this a good breakfast?

Options
Hi I was just wondering if this was a healthy breakfast to eat everyday:

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 medium sized apple baked in the microwave with a little bit of cinnamon and truvia on it
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1 egg and 1 egg white - scrambled

sometimes i don't eat the eggs though. myfitnesspal says this is around 360 calories. is it bad to eat eggs everyday? is this too many calories for breakfast? thanks!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it.
  • ludakhrys
    Options
    sounds good. maybe not eat eggs every day but you could try switching to an egg substitute or one with egg whites only.
  • luwalmsley1983
    Options
    Sounds pretty rounded to me - Oatmeal and apple slow release energy. Milk for calcium. Can you get Omegga3 rich eggs? probs only change I'd make.

Nom nom.. I'm coming your house for breakkie!!!! :laugh:
  • chicklidell
    Options
    It's high carb, only a problem if you watch your carbs...well, and if you also eat high carb all day long, lol...but very nutritious...I love baked apples with cinnamon...man they're yummy.
  • misshilary
    Options
    i'll look for omega 3 eggs or maybe just a carton of egg whites. thanks everyone :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your daily calorie counts, why not?
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I 2nd this.

Also, I'd eat that, sounds delicious and full or nutrients. Fab.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd have either the oatmeal or the eggs, though they both sound excellent choices for breakfast!

Yes, it's Ok to eat eggs every day.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Sounds good to me! :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs daily...I don't see a problem with it! YUM
  • ShrinkyDinkie
    Options
    IM STARVING RIGHT NOW. LOL.
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good breakfast. Instead of the egg, Imight put a tablespoon of peanut butter on the apple (if eaten raw) or mix into the oatmeal - that is rather yummy!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    It depends what your daily calorie allowance is. I try (but am not always successful) to divide my calories evenly over breakfast, lunch and supper, trying to keep around 200 for snacks. If I ate that breakfast, I'd have to starve the rest of the day. lol. But if it fits into your calories, it sounds awesome!
  • mjhuff1121
    Options
    My husband eats eggs (3!) 6 outta 7 days a week, and the stinker is incredibly slim. He's TRYING to bulk up, and I'm TRYING to slim down.
    I read Jillian Michaels' "Master Your Metabolism", and while I'm not 100% on board with what the book says, it did give me a great basis for meals: Grains and fruits and dairy for breakfast; protein, veggies, and carbs for lunch; fruits/veggies/nuts/dairy for afternoon snacks; protein and veggies for dinner (no carbs!)!
    My daily diet has greatly changed since reading the book! So much more balanced! Yeah!
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is basically my breakfast! I've been trying something different with my oatmeal though: After my oatmeal is ready (from microwave) I mix egg beaters (the equivalent of 1 egg) right in. It gives it an extra creaminess, almost like rice pudding or custard. I love it! Plus I don't need to cook an egg but I still get the added protein.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it :)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good breakfast. Instead of the egg, Imight put a tablespoon of peanut butter on the apple (if eaten raw) or mix into the oatmeal - that is rather yummy!

this

I put peanut butter in my oatmeal too and it's mm mm good! add some raisins/craisins/chopped almonds mmmmmmmmm
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Categorizing food as 'good' or 'bad' is a fallacy.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'd eat it.

me too!