2»

Replies

• love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great breakfast to me! I copied the following off a website:

Dr. Oz’s Top 10 Daily Essentials

10. Eat a Hard-boiled Egg

Eggs are protein powerhouses that provide 13% of your daily protein and only 4% of your daily calories. These excellent, inexpensive protein sources fight frailty. Rich in choline, they also reduce inflammation in the brain, which has been linked to Alzheimer’s. Cook up a week’s worth in advance and take them with you on the go. If you’re not a fan of hard-boiled eggs, eat one a day scrambled, poached or any other way you like it.
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    Go ahead and eat it! I always eat my biggest meal for breakfast because I have all day to burn it off. Most people eat their big meal for supper and then go to bed. Big NO! I eat 2-3 egg whites everyday. they are low calorie and full of protein. I also usually eat half a cantalope ( 100 cals) and cottage chese ( 1/2 cup 80 cals) I try to keep my calorie intake around 1500 everyday. But if im hungry, I eat! My body wouldn't make my tummy grumble for no reason.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Here's my "normal" breakfast...and it is usually the highest calorie meal of the day for me:

1/2 c. oatmeal
    1/4 c. berries
    1 tb. flaxseed

1 whole egg (scrambled)
    2 egg whites (scrambled)
    salsa
    parm cheese
    ----
    386 calories
    Considering cutting out the yoke and doing 3 egg whites instead to cut down on fat and calories.

I don't see why you can't eat eggs everyday. I know of a lot of nutrition plans that call for it (I can think of 3 right off the top of my head--Tosca Reno's Eating Clean, Ian Smith's Fat Smash, and a plan I got from a friend for training for fitness competitions.)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Sounds yum! But I would leave the apple for a mid morning snack and substitute skim milk for unsweetened almond milk (way less sugar and calories). I normally eat 1 whole egg and two to three egg whites every day along with 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 15 almonds for breakfast...seems to be working so far =)
  • Ariana_75
    Options
    Sounds yum! But I would leave the apple for a mid morning snack and substitute skim milk for unsweetened almond milk (way less sugar and calories). I normally eat 1 whole egg and two to three egg whites every day along with 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 15 almonds for breakfast...seems to be working so far =)
    Oh and a tb of flaxseed as well
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT breakfast, and similar to what I do. (Substitute yogurt for eggs and that's me.) And I've lost over 70 pounds that way. Better to have a good breakfast than to be hungry.
  • Ariana_75
    Options
    Go ahead and eat it! I always eat my biggest meal for breakfast because I have all day to burn it off. Most people eat their big meal for supper and then go to bed. Big NO! I eat 2-3 egg whites everyday. they are low calorie and full of protein. I also usually eat half a cantalope ( 100 cals) and cottage chese ( 1/2 cup 80 cals) I try to keep my calorie intake around 1500 everyday. But if im hungry, I eat! My body wouldn't make my tummy grumble for no reason.
    Very true!!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Categorizing food as 'good' or 'bad' is a fallacy.

Ok, enjoy your french fries and heart attack. (Ok--I'll admit that was dramatic) It IS important what you put in your body. You can't just put junk in your body and think you are ok because you are under your calorie goal. You can't get all of the proper nutrients if you are filling up on junk. I would never tell someone that a french fry (for example) was a "good" food to ingest, even if it fit into their calorie goals.
    Jus' sayin'
  • Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that eating pure fruit for breakfast is the best! Then have a snakc of some nuts or crackers or something a little more heardy like an apple and peanutt butter for your morning snack. This way you only eat the extra stuff it you're still hungry and the fruit converts to energy easiest on an empty stomach.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Categorizing food as 'good' or 'bad' is a fallacy.

Ok, enjoy your french fries and heart attack. (Ok--I'll admit that was dramatic) It IS important what you put in your body. You can't just put junk in your body and think you are ok because you are under your calorie goal. You can't get all of the proper nutrients if you are filling up on junk. I would never tell someone that a french fry (for example) was a "good" food to ingest, even if it fit into their calorie goals.
    Jus' sayin'
    If it fits within your macro nutrient targets...it is fine. Even if it IS a french fry. I never once said you can eat nothing but nutritionally void food and be ok, but to classify anything on it's own as good or bad....is just silly.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big breakfast, 350-450 calories... keeps me full and energized. Looks great!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I would definitely eat it. I have always heard big breakfasts are the best for you.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I would definitely eat it. I have always heard big breakfasts are the best for you.
    Big or small...it's personal preference. You can skip it too, doesn't matter with regards to weight loss.