Juicing? Fat Sick and Nearly Dead?

Options
124»

Replies

• onewithwings
    Options
    I'm thinking Michael Moore would benefit from this documentary! Perhaps a reality check of his own. :laugh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Gonna go look up that show...

I love juicing. I don't think I could live off veggie juice all the time, but I will do a juice fast one day every couple of months (fruit and veggie juices). I have a Jack LaLane. The only thing I don't love is having the time to clean up afterward (because if you don't it's almost impossible to clean). But when I'm on schedule and waking up in time I love to start my day with fresh juice. It's been a couple weeks though.

My favorite is apple, ginger root, and carrot.

I can tell a difference when I juice.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hahah I thought this post was going to be about the health risks of taking steroids.

It would have been A LOT more interesting, original and entertaining if it was!
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    I've got a juicer but I use my blender more, plus it's easier to clean.

I just watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead a few days ago when I was in bed sick with a cold. I've also seen Forks Over Knives, Food Matters, Food Inc and Ingredients.... I loved them all. I never dreamed how bad stuff was with GMO's and Local Farmers (you know with who I'm referring to). It was awesome how people are finally becoming aware and educated. My realtor and I were even talking about how he switched to organic raw milk and he backed what I had already told my hubby. somehow it all "clicked" and we talked my hubby into making the switch. He even took us over to the farm to show us how clean it was without an invitation. We should be meeting the farmer this week to start "leasing" the cow anytime. I wonder if that's how they come up with the term "used cows for sale" ? LOL!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I did see it, it was encourging

My mom did a 40 day fast were she only juiced, she looked increddable after it, and felt a LOT better, but then right after she went back to ehr old habbits

so if you want to lose weight change your peramant eating habbits BUT if you just want the benifits try it, but talk to a doc frist, better safe then dead my freind
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    I watched and tried it...for like 2 days. Personally, I HATE cucumbers and found it difficult to find any juices that I liked. Also, my stomach hurt like a mother and felt horrible but I'm sure one gets past that. Honestly, I hated the juices. Another doc you should watch is Food Inc. That one inspired me more.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I loved the film. Watched it 3 times, bought a Breville juicer, juiced two times. The first time went terribly because I used both fruits and veggies. I did not realize that with my borderline diabetes and PCOS (insulin resistance) drinking lots of straight fruit juice was horrible for my body!!!! So then I tried it again... I went for 6 days straight with just green veggies (and lemon, ginger, garlic). It was very intense - nauseating as heck BUT I looked better after I finished 6 days. I just could no longer handle how strong the taste of the juice was. If you can dilute your juice with some fruit then it's a LOT more tolerable. But just beware if you have any sort of sugar issues. I still think it is a great fast to try but it's personally not for me. I do hope to use my juicer in the future for juicing veggies once a day. I was juicing for the entire day in the mornings and refrigerating my daily juice and I found that the fresh juice wasn't so bad - it was the juice that was sitting in the fridge for a while that just made me nauseous.

But again, I love Joe Cross. I think he's wonderful :)
  • stacie0129
    Options
    We bought an Omega juicer after watching the documentary. I did a lot of research on juicers and got a couple of juicing books. The first day was rough, ALL I could think about was food. I was so crabby with everyone. My husband and I only lasted 4 full days. I gave in when my husband tore into a bag of chips and literally started shoving them in his mouth. lol I was so mad at myself for giving in. I plan on juicing again and hope to make it 10 days. Good luck to you!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    gave my juicer away...bought a vitamix...have a green drink daily (example: fresh spinach, kale, frozen blueberries, pineapple, carrots)...all the fiber ... great taste... easy clean up.

THIS.

my Vitamix is my best friend. i love it.
  • Chanels_mom
    Chanels_mom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Joe Cross is on Twitter @JoetheJuicer
  • campbell1972
    Options
    Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead was an awesome film - We've watched it twice now!

My wife and I juiced for 7 days using Joe's recipes on jointhereboot.com - I was at a plateau at 215 - 218. The juicing broke the plateau, my wife reached her goal, and I am now down to 209 heading ever close to my 190 goal!

If you too are hitting a wall you might give it a shot - the plan I'm on now (all this info is free) is Juice and one normal meal daily and lovin it!

I would caution you if you are hypoglycemic or anything to make sure your levels stay where they need to be - check with your Doc!
  • eolivero
    Options
    How are the "juicers" doing??? My husband wants to try it..lol he's looking for a "quick fix".
    Despite what people think = juicing is not a quick fix. It takes discipline, hard work and commitment.
    Not for the faint of heart and check with your DOCTOR.

Eating healthy is a LIFESTYLE choice. Juicing is a gateway regime to better living and eating. If all you plan to do is drink juice to drop a quick 20 lbs and do NOTHING to change your habits - STOP.

That sort of attitude and "commitment" gives REAL JUICERS a bad image.