Body Frame Size?

Options
12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
How do you determine this? I don't want to be one of those people that are mistakingly "big-boned". I do feel like my bone structure is fairly large.

I found this online: http://www.icb2001.com/What_You_Should_Weigh.asp

Dumb? Right on?

Replies

• 12by311
    Options
    How do you determine this? I don't want to be one of those people that are mistakingly "big-boned". I do feel like my bone structure is fairly large.

I found this online: http://www.icb2001.com/What_You_Should_Weigh.asp

Dumb? Right on?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to the link, but Ii know you measure your wrist, and a chart will tell you. Go to my Happy Weight on Self.com.:flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    Options
    Thanks! That's what the link has you do. You measure your wrist (mine was 6.5 in) and it gives you what frame you are for your height/weight. I am large according to that site. It says that I should weigh 163-143. I weight 163 right now...so that makes me feel good knowing I am in the right range. My goal weight is 150 and that makes me feel good also knowing that should be a realistic goal for myself.

My happy weight is about 145.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Large (well, I knew that already thanks to numerous x-rays) and my goals are right. Thanks for this link
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was large framed. I lost 100 lbs. 4 years ago and went from what the sites say is a large frame to a small/medium frame. My wrist size shrank. 12by311 can I ask how tall you are? I am 5'8' and I want to weigh 160. I have weighed that before and like the way I feel /look at 160. Cindy
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Wow... with my wrist it says I am a large frame....I always figured myself as a medium at least.
    How do you do the elbow length one? Is that to your finger tips or to the wrist?

I was taught in health class to do the "fingers around wrist" test. :laugh:
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    According to this, I am also a Large framed person... which I have known (bracelets and watches for petite women look absurd or don't even fit on me!)

Not only are my goals realistic, but I'm already considered within the healthy weight range for a large boned woman! WOO-HOO! Still working to shed about 10-13 more....

To measure your elbow, the way I did it was to put my thumb on one bone and index finger on the other bone, forming a "C" with your fingers. Carefully, without moving, pull your elbow out of the "C" and measure the distance between those fingers.
  • 12by311
    Options
    The elbow breadth test is done by measuring the two prominent bones on the outside and inside of your elbow. You can feel them poking out. It's like you are cupping your elbow with your other hand.

Cindy, I am 5'7". Honestly, 150 may not be realistic/good for me but that's my goal for now. I definitely don't want to be "stuck" to a number on the scale. I will be using measurements and the mirror to check for progress. Luckily, I'm pretty real with my body. I know that I'll never be a skinny-minny!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Ohhhhh Thanks!

Says I am large too.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    woohoo I was off from my goal weight by 4lbs- So I changed my goal weight-

It said to add 5lbs if you weigh naked in the morning so I had to add 5lbs on mine which brought me 4lbs shy of what I wanted my goal to be--

This to me seems more realistic then that stupid BMI- which doesn't take into account muscle and build-

Thanks
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it said my 6 inch wrist is LARGE.... I didn't believe that so I put in 5 just to see. still said large. tried 4, still large. So I think it's either glitchy or completely made up.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    it said my 6 inch wrist is LARGE.... I didn't believe that so I put in 5 just to see. still said large. tried 4, still large. So I think it's either glitchy or completely made up.

My wrist is only 6 inches too...
    I never really saw myself as large... more mediumish.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

my wrist is 4 and it says Large
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    it's the Ken Barbie web page, you know there sizes in real life bla.. bla...bla
    anyway there are three types...
    Ectomorphic: characterized by long and thin muscles/limbs and low fat storage; usually referred to as slim.

Mesomorphic: characterized by large bones, solid torso, low fat levels, wide shoulders with a narrow waist.

Endomorphic: characterized by increased fat storage, a wide waist and a large bone structure.

but we are never just one type we are a mix of two.
  • 12by311
    Options
    You are right Kerri.

Well, using this page... http://www.ehow.com/how_2346297_determine-body-frame-size.html

I am Medium.

I really had no clue how to classify myself, other than medium. I always feel pretty amazonish around most females. haha.

Thanks John. I've never heard those terms or definitions. I think I would definitely be considered mesomorphic and endomorphic.

I have fairly broad shoulders, but I also have a wide waist. My waist is not full of fat (don't get me wrong, there's some there) but my tummy is pretty flat. I'm just not built very womenly in terms of my waist. My waist/hip ratio says that I am really unhealthy but there isn't very much fat stored there.
  • kerrilucko
    Options

my wrist is 4 and it says Large
    wait, your wrist is 4 inches around? did I measure wrong? I'm looking at 4 inches on a tape measure and it's like the size of a newborn's wrist
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    You are right Kerri.

Well, using this page... http://www.ehow.com/how_2346297_determine-body-frame-size.html

I am Medium.

I really had no clue how to classify myself, other than medium. I always feel pretty amazonish around most females. haha.

Thanks John. I've never heard those terms or definitions. I think I would definitely be considered mesomorphic and endomorphic.

I have fairly broad shoulders, but I also have a wide waist. My waist is not full of fat (don't get me wrong, there's some there) but my tummy is pretty flat. I'm just not built very womenly in terms of my waist. My waist/hip ratio says that I am really unhealthy but there isn't very much fat stored there.

:laugh: That one says that I have a small frame and should weigh 117 lbs. Which will uh.... never happen. LOL
  • 12by311
    Options
    Ha! I didn't see the weight part. I was just looking at the frame part...
    It says I should weigh 135. Yeah right!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    12by311, I hear ya! I also know I will never be a skinny minni. I just want to be healthy. Cindy
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    6 inches is mine and I'm 5'2 so that makes me medium, and according to that I only have a couple of pounds to get to my "happy weight".