Body Frame Size?

Options

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    it said my 6 inch wrist is LARGE.... I didn't believe that so I put in 5 just to see. still said large. tried 4, still large. So I think it's either glitchy or completely made up.

My wrist is only 6 inches too...
    I never really saw myself as large... more mediumish.

my wrist is 4 and it says Large
    wait, your wrist is 4 inches around? did I measure wrong? I'm looking at 4 inches on a tape measure and it's like the size of a newborn's wrist

Oops I mean 6.5 lmao
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    i need to remeasure- I will just have my husband do it he measures the rest of me anyway bi-weekly:ohwell:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5'7" and except for lately usually around 160 medium boned. wrist 6.5

happy weight definitely 145.

Parents taller especially on mothers side. Amazon women for sure. Don't know how I ended up so much shorter than them. Always wished I was taller.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    it's the Ken Barbie web page, you know there sizes in real life bla.. bla...bla
    anyway there are three types...
    Ectomorphic: characterized by long and thin muscles/limbs and low fat storage; usually referred to as slim.

Mesomorphic: characterized by large bones, solid torso, low fat levels, wide shoulders with a narrow waist.

Endomorphic: characterized by increased fat storage, a wide waist and a large bone structure.

but we are never just one type we are a mix of two.

These "somatotypes" are considered outdated.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    TrailRunner, me too. I guess I should be pretty happy at 5'7" but I was always praying I would grow a few more inches all through high school and college! ha.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    TrailRunner, me too. I guess I should be pretty happy at 5'7" but I was always praying I would grow a few more inches all through high school and college! ha.

wow Im 5'4 1/2 (yes I throw in my half) I would never think someone 5"7 would feel short unless they were a man-(My husband is 5"5)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The wrist measurement is not a good one. Your wrist gets bigger as you gain weight.

My wrist was 5.5" in HS when I weighed 110 and was about 5'. That put me either at the top of a small frame or the bottom of a medium (depending on the chart.)

Then I went up to 223 and 5'1" and a 6.5" wrist. The charts would say I had a large frame with that wrist size. Then I lost 85 pounds and my wrist went down to 6". But, in spite of what the charts say, my frame size hasn't changed in any of this time.

The elbow breath test is more accurate. That one agrees with my frame size back when I was skinny and before my wrist size went up and down.
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    I wonder if the wrist expands for some and not others... My mother is obese, and yet she has the wrist of a small child. My grandmother's "baby bracelet" from 1913 still fits my mother, whereas I grew out of it when I was about 8 years old.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the wrist expands for some and not others... My mother is obese, and yet she has the wrist of a small child. My grandmother's "baby bracelet" from 1913 still fits my mother, whereas I grew out of it when I was about 8 years old.

I agree because my wrist size has not really changed. At least not more than .25in or so. Maybe water retention causes the change or something, the way a person's foot size can change? I've never had a problem with water retention so... don't know if that's related.
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    I think the wrist measurement works only if the tape is pressed tight against the bones. I happen to have bony wrists and ankles no matter what I weigh. And so does my mother! I guess it's genetic. :huh:
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I agree because my wrist size has not really changed. At least not more than .25in or so. .
    But, judging by your avatar, you aren't 100 lb. overweight either. :happy:

After all, if my wrist size went up 1 inch when I gained around 100 lb., then that's only .25 inches per 25 lb. :laugh:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Okay so I did it 1st with my wrist in imperical measurements...5".
    It said I was large framed, to which I had to laugh. :noway:

Then I did the elbow in metric, and I got a small frame size result.
    2.5 cm

For a minute there I was thinking I was large framed, but that just sounded so wrong. I may be fat, but bracelets and watches never fit!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I agree because my wrist size has not really changed. At least not more than .25in or so. .
    But, judging by your avatar, you aren't 100 lb. overweight either. :happy:

After all, if my wrist size went up 1 inch when I gained around 100 lb., then that's only .25 inches per 25 lb. :laugh:

well... no I wasn't 100 lbs overweight but I was 70-75... and I've lost 63 and havn't noticed much of a change there at all.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I just asked my husband about my wrist he said its smaller than average- just like my skinny neck- jerk lol--

Oh well- I am medium/large frame- Im still going for my goal and if I choose to lose more than I will until I am happy-
  • MacMadame
    Options
    well... no I wasn't 100 lbs overweight but I was 70-75... and I've lost 63 and havn't noticed much of a change there at all.
    Hey, that's awesome!
  • megancolleen
    Options
    It says I have a small body frame :-( which means I am liek weigh over weight.. I always new my wrist where small though.. I always have to get braclets made smaller.. THis was interesting.. Thanks for posting.. Time to get down to the wire I need to be 110 to 135. My goal is 135 not good haha
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I know!!! Especially when I look at my mom, her sisters and both grandmother's. I think the Xena gene skipped a generation.lol
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm so confused about my goal weight. I've always considered myself small frame because I have small wrists. 5.5 I always heard you take your thumb and middle finger and wrap them around your wrist if they overlap your small if they meet your medium and if they don't touch your large.

If I use my wrist measurement I'm a small frame and my goal weight puts me still overweight (although at a 22 BMI) The elbow measurement puts me medium frame and my goal is right in the middle. I have long arms and legs and broad sholders and will never have a tiny waist. I'd be happy with a 27 inch waist (That's the size I was in high school at 10 lbs below my goal weight). My body shape is an upside down triangle anybody else have that shape? It's the one rarely discussed on fashion makeover shows.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm so confused about my goal weight. I've always considered myself small frame because I have small wrists. 5.5 I always heard you take your thumb and middle finger and wrap them around your wrist if they overlap your small if they meet your medium and if they don't touch your large.

If I use my wrist measurement I'm a small frame and my goal weight puts me still overweight (although at a 22 BMI) The elbow measurement puts me medium frame and my goal is right in the middle. I have long arms and legs and broad sholders and will never have a tiny waist. I'd be happy with a 27 inch waist (That's the size I was in high school at 10 lbs below my goal weight). My body shape is an upside down triangle anybody else have that shape? It's the one rarely discussed on fashion makeover shows.

Inverted triangle... when I work out really hard I become one... when I don't I can be an hourglass (which is most sought... I guess). You want to create "volume" on the lower half and de-emphasize the upper body... to create a balance. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    Options

Inverted triangle... when I work out really hard I become one... when I don't I can be an hourglass (which is most sought... I guess). You want to create "volume" on the lower half and de-emphasize the upper body... to create a balance. :flowerforyou:

boooooo I'm SO a rectangle :grumble: