How Much Water Do You Drink?

Options

Replies

• carlachristinewhite
    Options
    If you can drink 8-10 glasses which is about nearly 2 cups per glasses, that is recommended. Water is great and I don't care if I drank more then recommended. It is good for you. :)

14765860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging about six cups a day.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    2 to 3 cups of water a day, which seems to work well for me. I get the rest from food and other drinks.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    100-120 oz a day at least.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hate plain water. Only way I'll drink it is with my 10 calorie lemonade packets.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    84.5-101.4 oz per day thats 10 -12 cups per day..
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    8 cups - 12 cups Daily :drinker:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I drink 10-14 cups. More if I go workout.
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink 16-22 glasses a day.

On average, this is what I drink as well.
  • russellmbrown
    Options
    Remember, many calculations for how much water you consume don't take into account the amount of water that already exists in the foods you eat, so your actual consumption recommendation might be slightly to dramatically less, depending on the type of foods you eat and whether or not the calculator you used takes water consumption from foods into account.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Water on its own, anywhere from 6 to 12 glasses. I drink a lot of plain herbal tea unsweetened as well so that probably counts as more. I'm like a fish I swear to god.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I try to get in 110 ounces/day
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't track how much water I drink. But if I were to guess I'd say 12-14cups a day. I rarely drink anything else besides water and I am consistently drinking it throughout the day or as my son says "I will dry out."
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    gallon a day
  • DSMAW
    DSMAW Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I heard that you should drink half your body weight in ounces in water. So if you weigh 200 pounds you should drink 100 ounces of water
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    all I drink is water and loads of it and I always have I refill my 24oz bottle at least 3 times just during a 2hr workout I have no idea how much I drink a day but it is A LOT
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    I drink about a gallon of water everyday but I only log 8. :)
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of 4 24oz bottles a day and about 7-8 8oz cups of tea a day (usually green or herbal). I keep them seperate but I think I could actually count my tea as water. I have to use the restroom about every 30 minutes. I stop drinking water after dinner and don't drink tea after 8pm to prevent waking in the night.

So In Summary:

96-120oz Water
    56-64oz Tea
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    A gallon a day. 16 cups. 8++ bottles a day or more.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 160 lbs and I drink about 2000L (I guess that's close to half a gallon) a day in the summer months when I'll be sweating a lot on my bike rides. Right now, I might consume 1 Liter (maybe 1/4 gallon). That is in addition to additional beverages I may have at meals and the occasional green tea.

Perhaps weight has something to do with it, but there is no way I could drink a gallon a day. I get light headed sometimes when I drink half that. Maybe I'm not used to it. Definitely drink what you can because water is great for weight loss, but don't force yourself to drink it.