What's Your Occupation?

Options
Brandiann
Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
Hi everyone,

I was just curious to see what occupations you all have. :smile:

7 months prior to today: worked in the Administrative field (I miss working :grumble: Due to relocation I choose to stay home for now)

Current Status: Stay at home mom (glad to be home though :bigsmile:)

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was just curious to see what occupations you all have. :smile:

7 months prior to today: worked in the Administrative field (I miss working :grumble: Due to relocation I choose to stay home for now)

Current Status: Stay at home mom (glad to be home though :bigsmile:)
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I am the personal assistant to a Chartered Accountant. Think 'The Devil Wears Prada' but replace the fashion stuff with numbers.

I am also taking night classes towards my Accounting Certificate, right now I'm in Financial Accounting II.
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I worked in the Personel Dept for a Plastics Factory before deciding to stay at home when I had children. Right now - I am currently a SAHM (who is never home), Medical Transcriptionist, Part-Time daycare provider for 2 children (not my own) and go to school part-time as I am working on getting my Associates Degree in Nursing.

So, I don't know - What is my profession?? :huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am just a stay at home mom mostly. On Saturday, I work for my optometrist friend! :smile:
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Hi there...Im a horse trainer and breeder. I raise Quarter horses and Paints and usually run about 40 head of horses. Foaling season and breeding season are right away so it will be the busiest time of year for me. My hubby has a vinyl siding company in town.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    sales and customer service.... i sell sandpaper. fun, real fun right? :laugh:
  • pooh70
    pooh70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Accounts Payable Coordinator (I make checks) :laugh:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi there...Im a horse trainer and breeder. I raise Quarter horses and Paints and usually run about 40 head of horses. Foaling season and breeding season are right away so it will be the busiest time of year for me. My hubby has a vinyl siding company in town.

*Jealous*

I'm an English Lit student, working part time at a supermarket checkouts. In my final year, so job hunting- not too fussy about what I do, really, so long as I get a job
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I manage commercial office buildings...never a dull moment!
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm a medical assistant, worked a lot with cancer patients, and than the last year worked with hearingh and speech impaired children.
    Now i'm laid of ( since last week ) i love being home.. sitting in my living room with the balcony door open and enjoying the sunlight.. can't complain.. i don't know if that is going to pay my mortgage.. but i enjoy it for now :)
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm the full time asst mgr at Dollar Tree, hoping to get a manager position this yr
  • abillings9
    abillings9 Posts: 165
    Options
    Stay at home mom...
    Before that though, I did a lot of different things... Debt Collector, Seamstress (worked for a apparrel manufacturing co.), photo lab tech...

I'm thinking about going back to work soon, something part time. Just haven't been able to bring myself to make the jump, yet.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to my 3 little monkies. I used to be a CAD drafter for an engineering firm before we had #2. Oh! And I just signed up to be a beachbody coach! YAY!

You all have some interesting jobs!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I'm in the Navy on board the USS Simpson ffg56, and a part time personal trainer
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a supply sergeant in a band in the Army National Guard. I handle uniforms, equipment, and instruments to make sure the soldiers have what they need. I also play flute and piccolo with the band. :happy: It's an awesome job!

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Currently I am a personnel Coorciinator handling non-certified staff in a small school system. Love my job but really wish i could afford to stay home and be more involved with my husband's ministry. He pastors a church and there is soooo much to do and so rewarding. :happy:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I'm a jerk.

I have it from a very reliable source that you are not only a jerk, but you are a STUPID jerk. :bigsmile:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am an insurance agent and a full time student...studying law and political science
  • quinn3636
    Options
    I'm a CAD designer for a medical company! I got fat from all this sitting around. I used to fabricate and build machinery.

148162.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting