PCOS

Options
123457»

Replies

• southernyankee716
    Options

For some reason, I can't get in to this group. It keeps taking me back to the default groups page?
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    MissHoney- have they done ultrasounds to discover cysts in your ovaries?!

I was 18 and I was only having my period once a year... I went to the doctor for a check up and when I told them when my last cycle was they looked at me like I was a lunatic. I went through all the bloodwork and 2 ultrasounds (where they discovered the cysts).

If your doctor didn't do this I suggest seeing a different doctor...
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    Also, can I please be invited to this group? I tried to access the link but it won't bring me to the group. Thank you.
  • CaraNye
    Options
    Just started with MFP and also have PCOS. Would love to be added to the group.

Anyone else prescribed Yaz BCP? I've found it to be a nightmare that has possibly given me terrible heart arrhythmia. So bad I may be facing surgery! I'm waiting for an appt (in MAY!) with an endo in hopes that she can help me. Don't really want surgery and I'm almost positive that the heart issues started when I started taking the Yaz for PCOS. Great for the PCOS symptoms!

As for weight - I feel your pain! I have been going "somewhat" religiously to the gym for over 2 years and following a low GI diet (love quinoa!)...I continue to gain. I have since joined a new gym and am there SWEATING about 5 - 6 times/week...weight training....cardio....have a personal trainer. I also saw a nutritionist who says Im' eating (after a food diary) about 1300/day. I'm 6ft tall! Pretty sure with the amount I'm working out and how well I'm eating I should have lost SOMETHING in 3 months! So frustrating! I feel like a failure. I used to be slim and yes, I'm vain (aren't we all?) and it's just so frustrating to be doing everything right and not seeing the results. It's nice to find a group that understands. My husband, friends and family are great but half the time I think they think that this whole PCOS "excuse" is just that....an excuse. Like it really has nothign to do with my weight. Anyway. Glad I found this board. It's nice to read about others who understand and yes, to vent a bit too.

Thank you!
  • jenuhfur
    Options
    Can I please be added to the group?!

I was just diagnosed in January, thought I have been suspecting for quite some time now.
  • alliekat893
    Options
    I would like a group invite as well.

I found out I have PCOS about two years ago, as well as insulin resistance. I've always been overweight and struggled with people assuming I just ate too much or having doctors blame everything that is wrong with me on being fat, not eating right, not getting enough exercise. Not a single one ever said anything about PCOS until a couple years ago.

I finally have been able to lose weight, 34 pounds so far, by restricting sugar and carbs. My goal, that I admittedly never quite manage, is less than 15 sugar and 120 carbs a day. Even if I don't manage that, I still manage my other goal of less than 5 sugar and (hopefully!) less than 40 carbs a meal. I'm much more strict on my sugar than my carbs.

I still have a long way to go, and I welcome any friends. It helps keep me motivated to see other people in my feed. Especially ones struggling with the same issues.
  • PurpleCherry00
    PurpleCherry00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey all. also new here. also have pcos -.-. its brilliant there are groups and forums like this for us women :smile: . feel free to add me :happy: xx