How can you make VD all about Fitness?

Options
124»

Replies

• eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'd be kind of annoyed if a man got me fitness-related stuff for Valentine's Day (unless, of course, it was established and agreed upon ahead of time). I'm not the easily angered type, but I'd still think "what are you trying to tell me?" if I were given an HRM or gym membership. It's better to go with the tried and true V-Day gifts (you can't go wrong with diamonds!) or something you know will make her feel really beautiful and/or special right then and there.

That being said, a nice physically demanding outing, like a hike to a beautiful/romantic lookout point and a picnic would be the way to go if you want to keep your holiday fitness-y.

I agree with her...it doesnt have to be about food..but flowers are always better then a hrm on valentines day... unless you can come up with some cute idea for giving her a hrm like..."lets see how manny heart beats I can get tonight" (ok thats corny but you get the idea lol) ...also i love the idea of a romantic walk and maybe have a picnic and walk back so your buring alot of calories and of course the food can be healthy..maybe just some wine and fruit could be nice. Think romance! :)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a nice activity you both enjoy (outdoor if weather permits), cook a delicious lunch/supper. Just be sure to leave enough calories at the end of the day for a drink or two if you drink.

JM
  • Redfieldr
    Options
    *****esLoveSonnets.jpg

Seriously though, I really like the couples cooking class idea. You could always pick one that focuses on healthier stuff.

Seriously cracking up... Thanks :p
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I don't really celebrate V-day, but I actually think it would be a nice excuse to take it easy and NOT have it revolve around fitness.

Though here are some 'health & wellness' type things I'd be happy to do for the day -
    - ballroom dance lesson (you get to be very close and have a workout at the same time
    - have a meal cooked for me by my man (we share the cooking duties pretty much every day)
    - couples massage lessons or just a couples massage
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    that's hysterical!
    *****esLoveSonnets.jpg

Seriously though, I really like the couples cooking class idea. You could always pick one that focuses on healthier stuff.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Take her on an active, fun date like, go ape or caving or white water rafting or somthing.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    AWWWW....so sweet!!!

I would say a homecooked healthy brunch (my husband loved the creme brulee french toast from www.skinnytaste.com), a movie, or something you guys like to do. Couples massage, couples massage class, spa day, etc.

(sorry.....I don't revolve everything around sex because I do know that some people like to take things slow and be more serious before that happens).

Find something you like and put a healthy spin on it. But I would be careful about fitness type gifts unless you decide on that before hand!!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I can think of a couple of 'workouts' that are especially Valentines-Day appropriate
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I thought Valentines day wasn't until February?

February 12... duh!

Feb 14th :heart:

You guys are just tricking me to see if I know the real answer... which I do... it's the 12. EVERYONE knows that! Valentine's day is always on a Sunday... Cupid's Sunday!

No hun, it is the 14th, its also my best friends bday and we all celebrate on valentines day and its not always on a sunday........
    no tricks, altho this has been funny. It is the 14th, google it :)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I read the title & I automatically thought Vampire diaries. I obviously need to get out more.