Unique snack ideas

Options

Replies

• kmobbsrnbsn
    Options
    For the sweet tooth: 1 sheet chocolate graham cracker, break in half , put 2 tbsp fat free cool whip between and freeze. Kinda like ice cream sandwich, only 90 calories. If you can find the reduced fat chocolate graham crackers, less calories than that.
  • annabelleiscrazy
    Options
    Get a low fat yoghurt, toss the contents into a bowl ( a 1 portioned yoghurt, like activia) and slice a banana or whatever fruit you desire into that and you have a delicious, simple, low calorie desert!
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! bumping for later!
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love veggies with ranch dip, but instead of regular ranch I mix powdered ranch dressing mix into plain greek yogurt. Tastes awesome, way less calories, and way more protein!

That's a great idea with the ranch! I can do without a lot of things but NOT MY RANCH. I'm going to give this a try! How much of the packet do you mix in or are you using a larger container of yogurt and the whole packet of mix?
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So many delicious ideas!! Bumping for later!
  • gmargolis
    gmargolis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love ginger chews
  • gmargolis
    gmargolis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make your own Peanut butter if you can not find a better solution at the store.

I use my ninja

10 oz unsalted peanuts
    1/3 cup peanut oil
    2 Tbls honey

process peanuts untill thick
    slowly add peanut oil until combined
    slowly add honey while processing at the end.
  • edd43
    edd43 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    Thank you for all of the ideas!! I'm definitely gonna keep these in mind:-)
  • xxxbloodfartxxx
    xxxbloodfartxxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
    1 TBSP Bacon
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories
    2 Carbs
    6 Fat
    460 Sodium
    12 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo
    1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

96 Calories
    5 Carbs
    4 Fat
    188 Sodium
    11 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)
    1 TBSP Crumbled Feta
    1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

83 Calories
    6 Carbs
    3 Fat
    302 Sodium
    12 Protien
    2 Fiber

SOUNDS DELISH!
  • tdullinger34
    tdullinger34 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Ok this sounds weird but it's so yum and addicting!!

Cold sugar snap peas (snow peas) dipped (lightly) in low-sodium soy sauce! Yummmm and a great salty but healthy snack!

Also yoplait forme yogurts! Passionfruit is AMAZING light and fruity, like eating real pulp!
    And the cheesecake one with berries for a yum desert!
    They are 68-72 Cals each and so filling!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    easy. for me its anything covered in vegemite!!

just found that two light cruskit biscuits covered in vegemite is only 53 calories!!!
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    erm....this is really weird....

Pickled ginger. You know, the kind that goes on sushi. But just pickled ginger on its own.

Four pieces of it and I'm not hungry any more - and it's practically nothing.
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    non fat vanilla yogurt ( dannon light and fit, 8 oz 110 cal) mixed with half cup of honey nut cheerios, HEAVEN!!!!!!!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Almonds and raisins. Put two almonds for every one raisin in your mouth. Delish!
  • LGOllie
    LGOllie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One square of 72% organic dark chocolate sold in pound plus bars at Trader Joe's. One square is not too high in calories and doesn't produce a craving for the rest of the bar.

Good idea! I don't have a Trader Joes nearby, but I will be checking out Whole Foods!
  • LGOllie
    LGOllie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of natures path hemp and omega granola

Mix: 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, little less than 1/4 cup of milk (skim or 1%), and little less than 1/4 scoop of protein powder...makes a silky yogurt sauce you can pour over the granola.

I eat only 1/4 of the granola because its high in carbs/calories as most granola is (although as far as granola goes this is one of the healthiest I've found...) but you could eat whatever you please and use the yogurt blend as a drizzle!

I love your yogurt sauce!!
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP! Great ideas!!
  • yodapooper
    Options
    Gotta BUMP this!