Unique snack ideas

Options
Sabresgal63
Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
Please share any unique, out of the ordinary snack ideas that you have:bigsmile:

Replies

• scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!
  • Tasha_Star
    Options
    1/4 cup of natures path hemp and omega granola

Mix: 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, little less than 1/4 cup of milk (skim or 1%), and little less than 1/4 scoop of protein powder...makes a silky yogurt sauce you can pour over the granola.

I eat only 1/4 of the granola because its high in carbs/calories as most granola is (although as far as granola goes this is one of the healthiest I've found...) but you could eat whatever you please and use the yogurt blend as a drizzle!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers with cream cheese and sliced grapes
  • seventyand
    Options
    Little cube of sugared preserved ginger. Found it in a health food store. Satisfies and soothing to the stomach.
  • seventyand
    Options
    One square of 72% organic dark chocolate sold in pound plus bars at Trader Joe's. One square is not too high in calories and doesn't produce a craving for the rest of the bar.
  • Xarou
    Xarou Posts: 8
    Options
    I think I saw it on here

Half a graham cracker
    Spread light cream cheese on top
    Spread reduced sugar strawberry jelly on top of that

Voila! You have mini cheesecakes
  • Eufy
    Eufy Posts: 14
    Options
    * Home-made pecan, banana granola bars
    * Fage plain greek yogurt mixed with ON whey/casein
    * Mashed sweet potato with sliced banana, walnuts and cinnamon
    * Black sesame squares
  • elephantlove94
    Options
    I like to get an avocado and slice it, take tha skin off and cut into smaller pieces and do the same with a cucumber and then put a little vinegar in a bowl with salt and pepper and mix it all together. Its amazing if you dont mind vinegar
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like to get an avocado and slice it, take tha skin off and cut into smaller pieces and do the same with a cucumber and then put a little vinegar in a bowl with salt and pepper and mix it all together. Its amazing if you dont mind vinegar

that sounds good! Toss in some shrimp and it could be lunch!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bumping this one for later! :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    tuna mixed with salsa on crackers
  • Babyweightgone2012
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    1tsp of pesto
    fresh dices tomato
    and really and veggies you want!!!!
  • MummumAlie
    Options
    mmmmm...
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is hummus and veggies. Mmmm....

I also love apples and nut butter. Raw cashew butter is my favorite, but a close second is a Target brand almond/cashew/peanut butter.
  • Sabresgal63
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone:bigsmile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    1tsp of pesto
    fresh dices tomato
    and really and veggies you want!!!!

I usually do cottage cheese and salsa mixed........delish........I will have to try this....the pesto is a nice twist. Thanks.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Unique you say? I love me some sardines mixed with cottage cheese (sometimes avocado too). Tastes delicious to me, and gives my body lots of protein.
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I get a sweet & salty craving I do a few pretzels with a few chocolate chips thrown in... Nothing to strange - but it helps with the cravings..
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    2 reduced fat triskets, light cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, and finely diced red onion. It's super satisfying and low calorie.