Unique snack ideas

Options

Replies

• Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas!!!:flowerforyou:

My favorite snack is granny smith apple cut into sticks (like little french fries) dipped in 1 T marantha chocolate almond butter, I add 1 T of water to it, microwave 5 seconds and it's the perfect yummy snack!

Sláinte
  • whiteviolett
    Options
    Slices of Apple dipped in a little bit of peanut butter! It's so yummy and you'll be eating an apple a day so that's a great bonus ;)
  • 2Big4MyBritches
    2Big4MyBritches Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    1tsp of pesto
    fresh dices tomato
    and really and veggies you want!!!!

I usually do cottage cheese and salsa mixed........delish........I will have to try this....the pesto is a nice twist. Thanks.

I do the cottage cheese and salsa as the topping for baked potatoes. Delish!!!
  • earle007
    Options
    Hi,

Would you able to share the recipe for the home-made granola bars?
  • 2Big4MyBritches
    2Big4MyBritches Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo
    1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

96 Calories
    5 Carbs
    4 Fat
    188 Sodium
    11 Protien
    1 Fiber

Definitely going to try this! I'm thinking I'll make several on Sunday evening and store them in the fridge for weekday breakfasts. Thanks!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

Definitely going to try this! I'm thinking I'll make several on Sunday evening and store them in the fridge for weekday breakfasts. Thanks!

That's what I did last night with all of them. Even feeling indulgent and eating two is still low-cal! This morning, I took one, cut it in half and used a Flat Out Hungry Girl Flatbread to make little breakfast burritos. OMGosh it was sooo good!
  • cmamasan
    Options
    Banana split the long way, put on baking sheet sprayed lightly with Pam. Sprinkle with tsp brown sugar and tsp mini chocolate chips,. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until sugar bubbles, banana slightly brown.

Yum!! Can't wait to try this! :happy:

I like peeled cucumbers mixed with a bit of rice wine vinegar. It's better if it sits overnight.

Cucumber water - Take a half gallon container, fill with filtered water and add three or four slices of cucumber (approx. 1/8" thick). Refrigerate overnight. (Drink within 4 days)
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
    1 TBSP Bacon
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories
    2 Carbs
    6 Fat
    460 Sodium
    12 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo
    1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

96 Calories
    5 Carbs
    4 Fat
    188 Sodium
    11 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)
    1 TBSP Crumbled Feta
    1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

83 Calories
    6 Carbs
    3 Fat
    302 Sodium
    12 Protien
    2 Fiber

Love, love, LOVE all these! I like how I can make a bunch on Sunday and then have them for quick, healthy snacks throughout the week. Thanks for the great idea!
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Cabbage leaves with peanut butter. Really good!!
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great ideas.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing these sound great.
    I like rice cakes with cream cheese and jelly on them or cream cheese and cinnamon
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    1tsp of pesto
    fresh dices tomato
    and really and veggies you want!!!!

I usually do cottage cheese and salsa mixed........delish........I will have to try this....the pesto is a nice twist. Thanks.

I do the cottage cheese and salsa as the topping for baked potatoes. Delish!!!

Def have to try on a baked potato......never thought of doing that......yum
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for the wonderful ideas
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think I saw it on here

Half a graham cracker
    Spread light cream cheese on top
    Spread reduced sugar strawberry jelly on top of that

Voila! You have mini cheesecakes

Sounds yummy!!
  • suchick
    suchick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.

Can someone ask a mod to sticky this thread ? These ideas are great !!!!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    55 cals for a TB?!!! What peanut butter are you using, because I need this! All the PB I've found is 95-100 calories per tablespoon.

^^^^ YES! THIS!

FYI, I message this person, and she used HALF a tbsp for 55 cals. Bummer.....

You might try Better 'n' Peanut Butter. It's a little sweet to my taste but I have friends who swear by it.

www.betternpeanutbutter.com/
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    im not much of a 'snacker' any more .. i have foods like fruit , nonfat greek yogurt and protein shakes in between my meals to keep myself fueled up . i consider snacks something like chips , cookies ,cake,ice cream ect .. and i will allow myself that now and then when i plan it
  • hunnybun75
    Options
    :smile: What I like to do is take some red grapes, wash them and put some in a snack size zip lock bag and put in freezer....When it comes time to snack, grab your frozen grapes and enjoy. It takes like candy. Enjoy
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hailstorm27
    Options
    A medium banana in the blender, blend it with 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (for baking) pour mixture into dish and freeze. Chocolate banana frozen treat. for when i really want ice cream. 110 calories. Sometimes ill add some cool whip free which makes it a 150 calorie dessert. mmmm. i just ate some!