Unique snack ideas

Options

Replies

• dreamzvt
    Options
    wow, such a great topic, Thank you all for sharing.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like to take a can of red kidney beans and a can of garbanzo beans, drain and rinse them really well then put them in a ziplock bag, sprinkle with a tsp of sea salt and shake to mix. They make a yummy snack when you have the munchies! Just measure out a serving and enjoy!!
  • kalymae
    Options
    A medium banana in the blender, blend it with 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (for baking) pour mixture into dish and freeze. Chocolate banana frozen treat. for when i really want ice cream. 110 calories. Sometimes ill add some cool whip free which makes it a 150 calorie dessert. mmmm. i just ate some!

sounds sooo good
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I like to slice an apple, add some cinnamon (sometimes all spice)...put in microwave for 1 minute.....While cooling off I warm up a table spoon of almond butter...so yummy :)
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like to get an avocado and slice it, take tha skin off and cut into smaller pieces and do the same with a cucumber and then put a little vinegar in a bowl with salt and pepper and mix it all together. Its amazing if you dont mind vinegar

My mouth is watering for this! Love the idea!
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump, yummmmm
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump i love these:)
  • AEchic914
    Options
    mix fat free cottage cheese and pumpkin (from a can)-taste like pumpkin pie!!! sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
  • hailstorm27
    Options
    also check out this sight i just stumbled on. really unique and interesting ideas for snacks...all under 100 calories! http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/SnackitySnacks
  • cleehancock
    cleehancock Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1 serving of Sabra roasted garlic hummus. 1 serving of flat square pretzels (1 serving is 24 pretzels). Can't remember the brand of pretzels off top of my head, I put them in tupperware already portioned. Total calories = 105. Carbs 4. Fat 6. Protein 2. I am so addicted to this snack. That and my home prepared raw veggies with homemade low fat sour cream ranch dressing with my own blend of seasonings. These 2 snacks keep my cravings at bay while at work to snack constantly (cubicle job). For my veggies I rotate combinations of celery, carrots, brocoli, cauliflower, edemame, tomatoe, cucumber, zuchini, sometimes but rarely black olives. :tongue:
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Roasted and spiced chickpeas (garbanzo beans)! Drain a tin of chickpeas and pat dry, roast as they are until crunchy. While they are in the oven, mix some of your favourite spices (chili, cumin, corriander, etc.) with a bit of olive oil, then tip the hot beans in a give them a good coating before making them vanish!
  • althea22000
    althea22000 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow - so many yummy ideas!
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    bump!
  • AllezCheryl45
    AllezCheryl45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make guacamole dip or salsa and use cucumber slices as chips instead of salty tortilla chips.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    bump
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just saw a recipe that has you make a little meatball with sausage and put that on a chunk of red pepper. Top with a little cheese and bake until the sausage is done. (This is from memory so if anyone wants the actual recipe I'll look it up) It looked really yummy.

I love roasted vegetables. I toss the with a little bit of olive oil and roast to perfection! One of my favorites is roasted lima beans. They taste really good when they're all brown and crispy!

A piece of cheese and pickle is good too. And I love sardines with a good hot sauce drizzled over them.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    This was posted by another MFP just the other day......................what an absolute wonderful idea:

Lo-Cal DELICIOUS Chips And Salsa

My S.O. and I cut each 40 calorie corn tortilla into 8 triangles and placed them on a cookie sheet.

We then lightly sprayed them with zero calorie olive oil cooking spray, sprinkled with salt and placed them in a 400°F oven until crisp.

We ate them while they were still hot (yay!) and they were fantastic.

Each chip was only 5 calories instead of the usual 20.

24 chips with 6 tablespoons of salsa were only 150 calories— and provided LOTS of crunch per calorie.

Read the labels on the corn tortilla packages, though. They run anywhere from 40-120 calories per tortilla.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    bump