42 Calorie Cake!

Options

Replies

• djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how the OP came up with 42 cals. per cake, I calculated about 130 cals each (using 1 Angel & 1 Devils food). I changed it into a 2121 cake. 2 TBS. of the cake mix, 1 TBS. chocolate protein powder, 2 TBS. of water & 1 min. in the microwave. 114 cals. & 6 proteins per cake. I may try next time skipping the Devils food cake mix completely and just using 2 TBS. of Angel cake mix with 1 TBS. chocolate protein powder to cut more cals.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how the OP came up with 42 cals. per cake, I calculated about 130 cals each (using 1 Angel & 1 Devils food). I changed it into a 2121 cake. 2 TBS. of the cake mix, 1 TBS. chocolate protein powder, 2 TBS. of water & 1 min. in the microwave. 114 cals. & 6 proteins per cake. I may try next time skipping the Devils food cake mix completely and just using 2 TBS. of Angel cake mix with 1 TBS. chocolate protein powder to cut more cals.

Good idea. I just got cookies and cream protein, so that might be amazing.I tried to calculate, but I was unsure how.
  • daves1grl
    Options
    cool!
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump x
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Ommmg I have to try this!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!!!
  • kttnply9
    Options
    MMMmmmMMMmMm good
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Low cal & super easy!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    sounds tasty. I would defnitly defnitly double check the calorie counts since there are so many different cake mixes you could use. I would use the recipe calculator and the food scale to be sure I was right, because I'm neurotic.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    yum! :)
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to head to the store to get cake mix! YUM!
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh wow...that's awesome. Can't wait to try it!!!!
  • dwnlynn
    dwnlynn Posts: 47
    Options
    bump
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sorry Guys didn't think to put how I got the calorie content! What I did was pretty much take the calories in the cake mix itself (both the angel food and regular), find out how many cups there were of the mix, and divide the 3 tbs of mix into how many tbs are in a cup. It may vary a tiny bit depending on cake flavor used.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    thank u