Paleo/Primal diet buddies!

Options
2»

Replies

• RhymingOrange
    RhymingOrange Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I fell in love with the Primal lifestyle last summer (and lost almost 30 lbs in 3 months), but then let a trip to France (damn the baguettes!) and the holidays de-rail me a bit. I didn't gain all the weight back, but I did backslide about 1/2-way.

I came back to my senses around New Year's (who doesn't?) and started eating Primal again. I ate without recording in MFP for a couple of weeks, and didn't really see a loss (although I did feel almost immediately better). I decided that at this point in my journey I really need to have the accountability of tracking, plus I wanted to be careful to be getting the right mix of fats/proteins/carbs, so I started tracking about a week ago.

WOW, what a difference combining MFP & Primal makes for me! I've got my daily goals set at 65% fat, 25% protein, and 10% carb. My calories are set at 1500, but I don't really worry if I get more than that, as long as my carbs stay under 100 g (although usually they hover around 40-50 g). 7 days into this combined approach, and I'm 7 pounds down! So, you'll be seeing me here over this next year. I've got about 80 lbs. to go, but I know I can do it with this lifestyle!

Cheers,
    Ali B.
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started this on Monday. Doing pretty good but have been eating too much fruit and dairy. I already had it in the fridge and can't afford to just throw it out. I haven't had any soda, breads since then and I have cooked everything all week, no processed food. I am doing Insanity during the day, not at 100% yet because it's been about 6 months since I worked out really good. I lost 50lbs and kept it off 2yrs but got burned out and took a break. Big mistake....gained 15lbs and feel like I am starting all over again. I really want to get back to where I was last year and hopefully I can stick with this. I have been missing/craving my popcorn, rice cakes and cereal. Any suggestions on snacks and anything that could help during the first weeks.
  • shannon4health
    Options
    This is great that i found you guys on here:) I have looked into "primal" on Marks daily apple....I think it sounds great....I think I have been eating this way since January 4th but not sure...I started an antifungal diet...no sugar, no grains, no dairy except organic cream cheese, organic butter and organic sour cream in moderation. I LOVE this lifestyle...it's been awesome!!

I do need to reboost b/c today I was feeling frazzled with life/diet and I am not losing any weight. I need help and encouragement and I lost at first with cutting all those above items out but i think I too need to log my calories for accountability.
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hello... looking for some friends with similar diet goals. I have been following an anti-candida diet for 3 weeks now, which is very similar to paleo/primal. Trying to strengthen my immune system and get my candida overgrowth under control and then plan on switching to primal. I love this way of eating but do find myself getting a bit burnt out on ideas and never having enough easy "I don't feel like washing, chopping, cooking, cleaning up" meal options. Hopefully we can all help inspire each other.
  • irishmindi78
    Options
    Hi I too have just started the primal /paleo lifestyle today... Def need some likeminded friends so please add me..