facebook

Options
how many of you have you MFP linked to FB? would you want people to know you are trying to lose the punds and seeing your progress or not? im just curious

Replies

• TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm not linked to it. I was when I did DailyMile but not here. Don't really know why. Just didn't feel as comfortable.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    No. Freaking. Way.

That is the LAST thing I'd want to broadcast to everyone.
  • rnelsonxo
    rnelsonxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't link my account either, this is something personal and just for me. I think that I need to seperate some of my personal life from FB as everyone is your best friend on there but also a critic. I like the comfortability on here socializing with like minded people and the positive energy :)<3
  • prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I haven't told anyone IRL about my MFP account. The things I post on here can be very personal, emotional, sometimes embarrassing. I know that the support I get on here is enough, and I don't know how my facebook friends would react.
    This is a very specific community for a specific purpose, and you can't be sure of how all your facebook friends would respond to the things you say, eat, and post.
    Those are my reasons!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    No. Freaking. Way.

EXACTLY!!!
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Yes...but the only thing I have it tell Facebook is when I have lost weight (not when I do a workout). I don't care if people know. I started out at about 35 pounds over my goal weight. I have a lot of FB friends who keep complaining about how fat they are and how they're doing this workout or that workout (all cardio) and then they post about eating at Chick-Fil-A just about every day so I figure whenever they're ready to get serious and start eating better and adding in some weight training, they will know who to come to with questions!
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    MFP not linked to FB at all. Infact MFP is pulling me away from FB :)
  • I havnt linked mine but I have spread the word of it and alot of my friends have joined recently (they havnt added me though pfft) I think everyone in my life knows about my weight issue and journey so It doesnt bother me if they see. Its a good subject you have brought up :)
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    While I tell everyone about MFP and how awesome and what a great tool I think it is it is not linked to my FB. For one I don't even know how to do that and for two I think it would be annoying to see those kinds of updates all the time (not sure what those updates would be, just what my imagination is telling me it would be like ;)).
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Exactly....why broadcast it to everyone??

No. Freaking. Way.

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't have it linked to MFP, but I do have it linked to my endomondo account, which shows my exercise. I am pretty open with my FB friends about my weight loss journey.

If you have people who you believe would be critical of you, why are they your FB friends? Time to trim that fat, too, me thinks.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nope. They serve two different purposes for me.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I post.. I post my workouts and my when I complete my dairy and am under or over calorie goal and I also post weight loss.. I get many friends there that add to my motivation and I have inspired others to join me here... I'm also a facebook addict!! LOL
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I tend to use facebook as my public face in case someone whats to have a look at my life without me giving up too many details about my life. Here, twitter, my VBB profile are all places I feel more comfortable to be myself.
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    MFP not linked to FB at all. Infact MFP is pulling me away from FB :)

ME TOO!!!!!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    My friends hate my fitness stuff as it is... the last thing I need is for them to see the posts on facebook =\

MFP has become a replacement for facebook anyway haha
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Nah, those *kitten* don't care about my weightloss! LOL
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    FAcebook?! What is this facebook you speak about? To be honest since I have been here I haven't been on facebook much. I have told some folks about it when I first started MFP but it went on deaf ears. Oh well their loss on such an amazing community.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have a photo album on Facebook that only a handful of my most trusted family/friends can see. Other than that, no one even knows I'm trying to lose weight. The guys at work know I'm trying to improve my upper body strength and my overall stamina, and also that I log my food to assure I'm eating sensibly. That's it.

I don't talk about my weight loss of Facebook because I don't like the pressure it creates. I don't being checked up on and if I fall off the wagon for a month, I don't want to have to explain it to anyone.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that would upset the space-time continuum