facebook

Options

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    MFP not linked to FB at all. Infact MFP is pulling me away from FB :)

I'm the same way!!! This is what I'm doing with my life right now. I do have a support group on FB but it's not nearly as active as my conversations here.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    No, I've never liked getting input from my FB friends about my weight loss. A lot of people are supportive, which is great, but then you also get the ones who are kind of passive aggressive about it. I've had friends on FB who seem annoyed when you post or talk about your fitness goals or progress too much. I like how MFP is geared toward fitness, and ppl know that's what you are going to be talking about on here (for the most part:smile: ).

I did like MFP on FB, but that's it so far.
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nah,, No I don't .I do have pictures of my progress on there as some people are interested in my workouts and what I am doing to lose weight but no... I am actually finding myself on here moreso then FB now when I am not at work!:happy:
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    not linked, but just as addicting
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options

This! :-)
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lot of you and I wouldn't share half of the things on here with facebook...only when I lose weight! I find that I am on here just as much as facebook but I love it here because it feels safer and everyone has the same goal. I wish there were more components like facebook like a like button would be cool! or other buttons like "way to go" or more motivational type things.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Gave up drinking & Facebook all in the same month :-) Back in November. Both were a big waste of my time.
  • smalltownhero
    smalltownhero Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am way to self conscious to broadcast that to everyone... It still makes me nervous about stating my real weight in numbers even on here... Sometimes I will make a status that says "excited that I lost 3 lbs " etc but I have no desire to link them
  • MrsFlores88
    MrsFlores88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't link my account either, this is something personal and just for me. I think that I need to seperate some of my personal life from FB as everyone is your best friend on there but also a critic. I like the comfortability on here socializing with like minded people and the positive energy :)<3

Exactly what she said :)
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that would upset the space-time continuum

lololol
  • just_a_southern_belle
    Options

me too, lol.
  • wonderific
    Options
    I have mine linked to Facebook. It says when I workout , when I lose weight, and my food diary. I work at a gym and I'm friends with alot of coworkers on Facebook and I like to get their input.
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    i run a lifting site on facebook and i am always posting my diet and exercise reports , to help teach and motivate others!!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. I posted pictures of my fat tummy on MFP that I would never ever post on FB.
  • wonderific
    Options
    Definitely not. I posted pictures of my fat tummy on MFP that I would never ever post on FB.

I posted my before/after pics on facebook when I had lost 40 pounds and my friends were super supportive!! I've gained back alot of that but I keep the pics up to inspire me.
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nope, not linked together. Wouldn't want to annoy all the farmville players with my 20,000 posts taking up their entire news feed, making it so they have to hit "see more posts" over and over and over........ Oh WAIT -- Perhaps this is a chance at payback? Muahahahahaha!

Seriously tho - I like the separation between the two. My weight loss journey is personal and I enjoy sharing it with like-minded people :0)

~Marg
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    I have mine linked, who cares what others think? I like the support I get from my friends (I ONLY have my real friends on FB, not people I met once and never talked to again! LOL) on FB when I lose weight. They only see when I lose weight, they don't see anything else. I don't see why people wouldn't want this support when losing weight. I love it! What's the big deal if people know your trying to lose weight? It only shows that your trying to better yourself.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    FAcebook?! What is this facebook you speak about? To be honest since I have been here I haven't been on facebook much. I have told some folks about it when I first started MFP but it went on deaf ears. Oh well their loss on such an amazing community.

Ditto.
    My weight loss is more important that seeing my friends facebook updates about how they bought a new handbag or shoes....so I have been on here more than Facebook since joining.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    No. Freaking. Way.

That is the LAST thing I'd want to broadcast to everyone.

This.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty selective about what I share on FB, for a variety of reasons. And not a heavy user, either. This site definitely feels safer to share, just because of the large like-minded group of folks.

There's also the fact that I kinda want to surprise my friends and family the next time they see me. Good surprise; the family has been after me forever about my weight and I've often announced weight loss initiatives that I haven't kept up with. So partly, I want to focus on telling MYSELF (and all y'all) about how I'm doing. Kinda looking forward to the "OMG!!" reaction. ;)