Best Breakfast Cereals

Options

Replies

• yeyman
    yeyman Posts: 1
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch is my favourite. I can't eat cereal and milk anymore, but some fresh fruit ( like a cup of blueberries, or strawberries, or berry blend), 1/3 c. fat-free yogourt and 1/3 c. kashi is delicious and goes a long way.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm totally into all cereals, I am a self-professed cereal freak.

BUT, for the last 3 weeks, I have been eating oatmeal every.single.day. And I feel so much better! I've been having large flake oatmeal (instant oatmeal is CRAP, quick oats are not the best choice, steel cut is too labour intensive for the work week - although I love those) with different combos - shredded apple with cinnamon, pumpkin with pecans, coconut and banana - they are SOOOOOO yummy and fill up my tummy for the morning, and give me plenty of fibre and iron.
  • EDGEO11
    Options
    THE BEST CEREAL IS : NATURE'S PATH EIGHT GRAIN SYNERGY CEREAL. YOU CAN FIND IT AT ALBERTSONS THE OTHER KINDS ARE SUGAR BOMBS AND SUGAR IS YOUR #1 ENEMY. YOU NEED ONLY NATURAL SUGARS!(FRUITS VEGETABLES)
  • elephantlove94
    Options
    I eat honey bunches of oats, special k oats and honey, and quaker life cereal.
  • ClaringtonLady43
    ClaringtonLady43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replys and suggestions everyone :)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    low cal and great for you = shredded wheat (i like the bite sized ones).
    try adding a bit of sugar at the beginning to get used to it...

why cereal though?? lots of other better options out there...
  • ddd_davis
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean and Fiber One 80.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Great question so glad you asked! I wanted to know the same thing. I'm going to look for Nature's Path 8 Grain Synergy Cenreal and Total Whole Grain Wheat Flakes. I've tried Kashi Go Lean Original Cereal and didn't care for it.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Just found this: Kashi Go Lean High Protein High Fiber Cereal! Better than Total Whole Wheat Flakes and the Nature's Path 8 Grain.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cheerios! They are my new fave!
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Raisin Bran Extra, keeps me satisfied until my 11:30 or 11:45 lunch. It has the Bran flakes, cranberries, slivered almonds, yogurt clusters oh and maybe some raisins (duh)!!

Great textures and flavors make it such an enjoyable breakfast. I go ahead and have a cup with 3/4 cup of skim milk!

Enjoy!

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing
  • harpnnag
    harpnnag Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favs too but sometimes I add cottage cheese and for sure cinnamon and the extra very lean protein keeps me going a lot longer.
  • harpnnag
    harpnnag Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favs too but sometimes I add cottage cheese and for sure cinnamon and the extra very lean protein keeps me going a lot longer.

This was in response to the oatmeal breakfast up above. I''ll get the hang of his soon!
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can eat any oat or bran cerials (go light on sugar) but why dont you use instead of MILK use ALMOND BREEZE Drink (milk substitute) So good for 1/3 of cals!!! My personal best is Original 60 cal. I also use it with Protein shakes or coffee or where ever else you use milk ! its great.:drinker:
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    oatmeal! or fiber one frosted squares
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats is really the only acceptable "cereal". All other cereals are processed crap.

Please explain. I was under the impression that oatmeal was oatmeal was oatmeal. Meaning, that the name difference only has to do with the way they are prepared and packaged i.e rolled oats are literally rolled (the hull) and steel cut oats are literally cut with a steel blade. The nutrition is the same, no?

Not being argumentative, just curious if I've missed something and could make my mornings a bit more healthy. (I currently eat whole grain rolled oats.)
  • konnichiwhey
    konnichiwhey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with fresh fruit can't be beat!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am still loving my greek yogurt and a half serving of granola on top. Just went to the grocery store to stock up for another week and found lemon flavored Greek. <3 I can't wait til morning to try it!
  • Amyknits2
    Options
    I prefer oatmeal for breakfast and when I'm in a hurry I use Quaker instant (apple/cinnamon) in the packages and put it in a container with extra cinnamon, 10 raisins and a tablespoon of ground flax...so good and so filling!

For a snack I get no-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt and add 1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It it's too thick I add some no-fat vanilla almond milk (40 cal. per cup) and only need about 1/4 cup of it to thin it to the right density
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Special K cereals are great. I eat two times before lunch and have the Special K cereal bars--honey nut is the best but the vanilla one is great too.