MFP Mythbusters! Losing weight fast, exercise calories, girl

Options

Replies

• Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    What a great post, very well said, thank you. By the way, has anyone told you, you look a little like Juliette Lewis?
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Good for you and you look great! I'm loving strength training and planning to do more of it. I might not be losing much weight but I am getting smaller, clothes are fitting better, legs and arms are looking smoother and I feel great and I don't think I look bulky at all. I am considering upping my calories once I start more weight training in the next few weeks and I sure hope I can get results like you have. Great job. You are an inspiration!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!!

ditto :heart:
    I was just wondering about this stuff.
    Clarification with a testimonial wonderful :bigsmile:
  • yellowrose5321
    yellowrose5321 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you . . .Thank you . . .Thank you!!!

From a former fitness instructor who tried for years to preach this message to deaf ears . . .

Your pictures are worth 1000 words!!!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Great post, Great job! :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great post! I am pro eating too, even though I'm not lifting :laugh:
  • laursie03
    Options
    What amazing inspiration! Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Exactly right! :happy:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody!

I'm currently taking a break from logging my food while my stress fracture heals, because in all honesty, the 3 pounds or so I might possibly gain in the next three weeks is totally worth not limiting myself right now. But my diary is open if you want to use the "view full report" button and go back several weeks.
    Thankyou!!!! Can't wait for the warrior dash as well! So fun last year! :) Now I read you eat 1500+excercise cals so about 1800-2000 food intake. I have my goal at 1800(before lifting/cardio cals) is that too much for my 5'2" frame? Not really looking to lose weight just fat so wanting to gain LBM to lose the flab (and I know some fat will be gained as well) Am I on the right track or too many? I googled many calcs out there and my TDEE was 1800-2100.

Youa re amazing girl!

Is it working for you? Then you're on the right track. That's really the biggest message I want to spread: Don't be afraid of some trial and error. Nothing you do is going to be permanent. If you start going in the wrong direction, try something else. Just don't stress about the scale.

Honestly, taking pictures with the camera's self-timer is probably my favorite way to track progress. And shopping and trying on clothes. Or digging through my closet and trying on clothes. The scale isn't a good judge, as I've shown here. And sometimes measurements are hard, too. I mean... what's it going to change... a fraction of an inch? Then you're going to be second guessing if you pulled the tape tighter last time or this time, or not measuring in the exact same place, or any number of other variables. Besides, most people measure waist and hips, and, for instance, those can stay the pretty much same while the lower belly region shrinks. Plus, I think it's easier to be objective in photos.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration. Thank you!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Lorina, you know you are the reason I am here. You have this knack for rounding up and motivating people. How do you DO that!?

I am married because of you (you guys, it's a long story) and now I am much fitter again because you motivate me. :)
  • Amazongirl
    Options
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been struggling to lose weight for a while now - and feel like a total idiot now - because I had no idea that I should be eating my exercise burn...I thought that I had to stay at the 1200 limit to lose the weight - while burning major calories at the gym. On top of it all - I would feel totally guilty when I ate beyond my 1200 even though I had burned 800 calories at the gym that day. This has made my day, inspired me, and completely made me feel better because I know that I can now do this and not starve myself! You have truly given me the best advice - and INSPIRING PHOTOS to boot - to keep me motivated and going this time around. Thank God someone told me to join this a week ago - or I would still be in the weightloss dark!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Great Post! I wish other people who are dropping their target weights into the ridiculously too small territory would see this an learn! The scale is pointless, it is all about how you look. :)
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. Putting it in simple words and fully supporting it with picture proof! This is what people need to see to be inspired and really look at what they are doing on this journey. I am so glad I read this. :) AND.... You look awesome!!
  • NegativeX
    Options
    From personal experience this is definitely true... EAT to lose weight.

Too many under eat and they really are hurting themselves in the long wrong.

I prefer to burn my calories through my workouts, eat above my BMR and lose far more wight then under eating, plus I feel great and have tons of energy daily.

EAT people!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    You look FAB! Terrific information!!!! So TRUE!!!!!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring! Way to go!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!!!
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I really appreciate your post. I have been not losing much weight at all - and I've been closely watching my calorie intake and exercising about 6x a week (500 cal. average burn). I realized after looking more closely, I am only netting about 7-800 calories a day..

It sounds weird to me that I should be eating MORE to lose weight - but your post proved it! I'm gonna try and see what happens.

you look PHENOMENAL! :)
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I love it!! I'm still trying to wrap my head around not looking at the scale everyday... and posts like these definitely help!!