Options
    Thanks!
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • queenbeaumont
    Options
    Ok I just started the Insanity program two days ago. I am a 4'11 female and 140 pounds at this moment. I would like to lose another 20 pounds. MFP had my calories set 1200 but about a month ago I upped my calories to 1400 because I had hit a plateau and after I raised them I lost another 5 pounds. So my question is, should I raise my calories more since I am starting Insanity and what should I raise it to?
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to eat more to lose

I don't mean to sound mean, but if you keep thinking like that, you will have a very hard time losing the weight. You need to eat! Get in a good mixture of complex carbs and lots of protein. Avoid sugar filled foods and try to eat clean.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ok I just started the Insanity program two days ago. I am a 4'11 female and 140 pounds at this moment. I would like to lose another 20 pounds. MFP had my calories set 1200 but about a month ago I upped my calories to 1400 because I had hit a plateau and after I raised them I lost another 5 pounds. So my question is, should I raise my calories more since I am starting Insanity and what should I raise it to?
    Yes you should be eating at least 1700+.
  • queenbeaumont
    Options
    Yes you should be eating at least 1700+.

Thanks!
  • njhotsauce79
    Options
    log on your calories burned doing insanity and MFP will add those calories back on your meal plan...
  • tobeloved22781
    tobeloved22781 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing insanity for almost two weeks now and havent lost any weight. MFP has my calorie intake at 1570 - I weigh 207 . Is that right or do i need to increase them? I am a receptionist so I sit most of the day.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Honestly I've been doing instanty for like 15 days now...instanty is MORE ABOUT TONING then anything in that area I've noticed alot but weight loss not so much...i JUST ADDED in my own cardio
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    a
  • OceanAvenue85
    Options
    You're definitely not eating enough. I'm not a pro by any means but when I set everything up here on MFP it told me that with me working out only once a week at 60min that I'm to consume approx. 1600 calories per day... I was shocked at first but it makes sense as you have to keep yourself from going into starvation mode. I'm still recovering from surgery right now so I have to take it easy but I've managed to lose almost 4lbs. in the past two weeks by changing what I'm eating and measuring everything!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    With all due respect to those who are telling you to eat more, I would like to add this... you can't out-exercise a poor diet. Take an honest look at your food intake and cut out as many processed foods as possible. Don't go over on your micros and macros either. If you add Sugar and Sodium to the nutrients you track, my guess is you will see your answer as plain as day. Two weeks is not enough time for big changes, so take it one day at a time. Good luck to you and stick with it!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have been doing insanity for almost two weeks now and havent lost any weight. MFP has my calorie intake at 1570 - I weigh 207 . Is that right or do i need to increase them? I am a receptionist so I sit most of the day.
    Add another 300 calories, that might help. 1500 calories isn't enough for insanity. There is even a good chance you should be 2000+.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. I am doing P90x and I eat 1500 plus my exercise calories per day. I wear a HRM with a chest strap. I have not lost a huge amount of weight but in 30 days I have lost inches.

Also look at this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580019-the-scale-is-a-lying-torture-device-i-m-proof . You can see that you don't need to lose weight to look great
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did p90x and only lost 12 total. I lost almost 50 inches though
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You cannot lose weight doing a crazy workout like Insanity and eating that little. I'm doing Insanity and I eat about 2000 calories a day after workout calories.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up Insanity (4 days left) and I've lost around 5 pounds for the entire 60 days but have definitely toned. I did before pictures and will be taking after pictures (I want that T-Shirt!), but don't know if I'm brave enough to post them here...we will see!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    2 things: First of all, you aren't eating enough. I know Insanity gives you a high calories burn, and you need to net atleast 1200 calories. I would highly recommend upping your calories otherwise your body will go into starvation mode (which isn't a good thing).

Also, if you aren't losing lbs, you are probably losing inches which are more important. If you haven't already, check your measurements and body fat % - both very important.